Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

Skymir

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone. I'm from Alberta, Canada, and still a bit new to the cavy world. I've had a single sow, Billy, for a few months now. I kept thinking as long as I have her lots of attention she wouldn't need a friend. Finally I got over myself and got a second pig, Bobby (yes she's a sow, despite her name).

Just introduced them yesterday, at one point I had to intervene due to fighting but now they're in the same cage without a problem. They've been sitting next to each other and playing around. I am shocked at how much happier Billy seems. The second I brought Bobby home, even though they were in separate rooms, she perked up and stopped wheeking as loud as possible ever ten minutes.

They're both skinny pigs. I hope no one here thinks poorly of me for "supporting" the breeding of them. I honestly didn't look into the logistics of how they came to be until a few days ago.

I also think I may be allergic to their dander, but they're worth it!

Well that's about all I have to say. Here's a few pics of the stinkers. (Hope they attach right; I've never done this with my phone).

Bobby:

Here's little Billy, she never really grew and I'm not sure why. She may be little but she's the boss:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome

I didn't think hairless cavies have dander? We are seldom allergic to anything cavy. More often it is the timothy hay that you may be using......many people are highly allergic to timothy hay. Try orchard grass or bluegrass.....I had good luck.

Oh thanks! I really hope switching hay helps. Both of my hands are horribly rashy to the point where it hurt to touch them, and have been for months now.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.