Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Wisconsin!

Irishmoon

Cavy Slave
Hello, my name is Rachel and Im a piggie newbie but I am hooked!!! I've been wanting piggies for a long time but I didn't want to go to my lcoal pet store so for weeks I searched CL and the Humane Society. Finally about 5 weeks ago, a mom posted an ad for 2 femal piggies with both cages and all their extras for a quick sale because her daughters were bored with them (they got them in the middle of May) and no one was taking care fo them. I picked the piggies up the same day and now Charlotte and Lily are happy at their new home in a clean cage!!!

2 weeks ago I also saw an ad on CL that I had seen numerous times over the past month to month and a half for 3 male piggies. But this ad she was basically giving them away and Im glad I finally gave in and got the boys. All 3 were in a cage not even big enough for 1 piggie and the cage probably hadn't been cleaned in a over month! On top of it, 2 of the boys didnt get a long and were constantly fighting. But the people didn't want to deal with 2 piggie cages so they just kept them together. As soon as we got home, Gilbert was put in his own cage and finally Louie and Duke could have some piece and quiet.

All 5 are happy and have joined my little zoo at home. I have 2 dogs, a cat, 2 dwaft hamsters, a chinchilla, fresh and salt water fish, and a Koi Pond. This weekend I am going to the store and getting material to build 3 C&C cages for the piggies since the cages they are in right now really arent big enough for them. Im so glad I found this site, I have learned so much in just a little amount of time!

No pics at this time but Im sure I'll be back!

Rachel Charlotte Lily Duke Louie and Gilbert

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.