Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea pigs on ebay!

Kriket

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Report this item, I already did. They have a C&C cage included in the auction.

Boy, those GP names sound familiar... didn't someone post on here trying to rehome those guys in S. Dakota??

Sounded really familiar to me too.

I searched the site and found nothing. Those are pretty common names though. They sound familiar to me too.

I have reported the auction

Ditto... this sort of behaviour makes me ill. I'll never understand how people can view selling another life as being okay. <shudder>

Reported. Sure it won't be long before the listing is pulled.

I reported it as well.

Well it's 3:15, and I reported it as well. It's still up. Does anyone know how long it takes to have it removed?

I reported them also. That's really sick that someone would sell their pigs like that.

Condition: Used.

That makes me incredibly sad! It also strikes me as very strange that someone who would take the time to build a C&C cage for their piggers would also find it a sound idea to try to sell them on Ebay...the combination of very well executed living arrangements and the horrible idea to sell them baffles me.

Ok, How can I report this. I went on and I cannot find a report button. Also, the description is in a foreign langage. The description earlier was not like this. Poor pigs.

Edit: Ok, I found the report button. I reported it.

Last edited:
I just reported it, I forgot I changed my Ebay name, so I could not log in until I remembered...

I can't believe how long it is taking to get removed!

Have just reported it too.

I just reported it. Are you ready for this? It is in Greek on my PC and when I went to copy and paste it here for you to see, it came up in English. Very strange.

Well, I just went to check on the listing again, and it appears to have been removed. Good work everyone!

Guinea pigs on ebay!
Guinea pigs on ebay!
Guinea pigs on ebay!
Guinea pigs on ebay!
Guinea pigs on ebay!
This listing (#290009968149) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number
This is what I got when I followed the link. Some "people" are monsters.

jdomans said:
I just reported it. Are you ready for this? It is in Greek on my PC and when I went to copy and paste it here for you to see, it came up in English. Very strange.

It was in greek on my computer too. Weird.

Here is another item on E-Bay that I at least found even more disturbing.
"This is a perfect manual for anyone with a passion for Guinea Pigs and would like to start their own business. It is not a how to care manual. It simply lists 29 names, addresses, phone, fax and web-sites, of wholesale distributors that breed & sell Guinea Pigs, and 55 companies with names, addresses, phone, fax, and web sites, that sell Guinea Pig supplies all at wholesale. It is 8 1/2 x 11 spiral bound, no fancy pictures, just good information. All updated for 2006. We produced these directorys here at Breed Profiles and great care has been given to their accuracy. These are not available elsewhere, unless approved by us. Get your own Guinea Pig business on the web for world-wide sales. If you've been wanting to start your own business, why not do it now. Buyer to pay 4.95 shipping in the USA. Shipped promptly. "Item number: 260010889249 Imagine a book actually encouraging people to become breeders. I am usually against book burning and such activity but I am willing to make an exception.

Most guinea pig books encourage breeding. This one is more direct than most perhaps, but if you pick up just about any book in the library or a book store, it will give you step by step directions on breeding. This just gives you other resources and lists of contacts.

YAY! It looks like ebay deleted it! Thats good. I doubt that will stop the person though, Poor pigges.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.