Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye, my darling Elliot

spawngo

Cavy Slave
Elliot passed away last night.
I don't understand what could have possibly gone wrong - she was perfectly normal last night, eating loads and running around exploring during floor time.

I woke up and got her breakfast ready for her, but when I went to her cage, she was just lying there.

She recently gave birth to an underdeveloped baby (https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/pregnancy-babies/68670-possible-underdeveloped-stillborn.html), and upon talking with a few experts, it was guessed that the baby had some sort of genetic mutation. I was told that this wouldn't affect her, though I did take her to the vet and she said everything was fine.

I'm at a loss. Just yesterday I was planning on how to take her home with me to Texas (from the UK) in July; today I'm trying to find out why she died.

I only had her for 7 weeks, but she grew from this shy, skittish baby to a very loving, cuddly and attention-demanding darling. I miss her so much already. Rest in peace, Elliot <3
Goodbye, my darling Elliot

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss :(

I'm so sorry for your loss of Elliot, she was a very beautiful girl. Sometimes we just don't know why they leave us. Sending you white light and healing energy.

the same thing happend to 1 of mine after 7 weeks she was called alfie :sad:

What a pretty baby. I am so sorry for your loss. Remember that she's never truly gone, the love you have for her and all those memories keep her alive.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for the loss of Elliot. They can be such funny creatures and hide illness very well.
I recently lost one of my pigs. Was fine the night before and found her in the morning. No sign of any illness.
Know you did all you could. She was loved and well taken care of. Sending warm thoughts and prayers to you.

She's so beautiful, I'm so sorry for your loss..
Did you maybe get her from a pet shop? Your location says Northern Ireland.. I also live here and we have very limited shelters and adoptions. That could be part of the reason why she died.. RIP <3

Its always possible she suffered a sudden stroke or heart attack. One of my females suffered a massive stroke (she "lived" through it but we ended up putting her down shortly after since she suffer really bad brain damage and was in lots of pain). She wasn't kept anywhere which would have increased her likely hood to a stroke (heat or otherwise) and she wasn't overweight (she was a very healthy weight). Sometimes you know its coming, other times...

My condolences

im sorry she was very pretty.

I'm so sorry for your lose, she was so beautiful and sweet, poor little darling. R.I.P Elliot, who is looking down from the other side, Rainbow Bridge.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.