Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Giving up hope.

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm giving up hope on trying to get guinea pig off craigslist I'm not over exaggerating I've been stood up 4 times! 3 times I drove 2 and half hours out of my way! As for shelters I've called and they lady at the front desk said she hasn't seen any small animals come through the shelter in a year and a half. But I was at petsmart today and noticed one piggy have a scratch and the lady said that most like he'd be put up for adoption because they can sell animals with imperfections but first they had to have a vet check him out. Would it be okay if I tried getting that pig? Since technically I'm not paying for it (petsmart adopts out for free) ? Or should I keep trying with craigslist ?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
And I really need a second pig for my male piggy I can tell he's lonely and want to get him a friend asap

ShayPiggiesnHam

Cavy Slave
I would definitely try for the male piggy from Petsmart, then he would be going to a good home for sure. How big is your current cage? If I remember correctly the cage size for 2 males is at least a 2x5 C&C. Even if their vet clears the pig still quarantine for 2 weeks just to make sure he doesn't develop respiratory since it's very common with pet store pigs. Look for any harsh breathing or crust in his eyes.

kcake67

Cavy Slave
I personally wouldn't use craigslist at all. Trying going to the website guinea pig finder. It's filled with people who need to rehome their guinea pigs. I wouldn't go to a pet store either, I may have gotten Betman from a pet store, and he's fine, but a lot of times people aren't that lucky.

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
I would definitely try for the male piggy from Petsmart, then he would be going to a good home for sure. How big is your current cage? If I remember correctly the cage size for 2 males is at least a 2x5 C&C. Even if their vet clears the pig still quarantine for 2 weeks just to make sure he doesn't develop respiratory since it's very common with pet store pigs. Look for any harsh breathing or crust in his eyes.
Thanks! I have a 2x7 and yes of course quarantine don't wanna risk having 2 sick piggies

sonsofpiggies

Cavy Slave
I personally wouldn't use craigslist at all. Trying going to the website guinea pig finder. It's filled with people who need to rehome their guinea pigs. I wouldn't go to a pet store either, I may have gotten Betman from a pet store, and he's fine, but a lot of times people aren't that lucky.
I've used that as well! The one that's for my town hasn't responded and the adds over a month old so I'm assuming they already rehome it

ShayPiggiesnHam

Cavy Slave
2x7 is great! If you want to adopt the Petsmart pig I would go back and tell them in person that you are interested and give them your number so they will notify you when he's cleared by their vet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.