Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fresh Food Fresh grass in Spring

ojars

Cavy Slave
Fresh grass in Spring

Here are Buzzy and Buddy chowing down on a rare treat!

I haven't taken Fig and Selena Gomez outside, but my nephew is bringing in handfuls of grass everyday. And they love it!

We are finally getting some warmer weather and I cannot wait to be able to take my girls out and see what they think.

Just don't overdo it at first -- too much fresh grass at once can cause bad tummy upsets.

And watch out for raptors! We have active hawks in this area, although the little birds harry them.

I shake out my fleece outside and have clumps of either timothy hay or orchard grass sprouting. I let the clumps grow and trim it to feed it to my pigs.

Interesting ~ we also shake the fleece outside. Now I will look at what is growing!

I shake out my fleece outside and have clumps of either timothy hay or orchard grass sprouting. I let the clumps grow and trim it to feed it to my pigs.
Oh wow! I shake mine in the trash! I need to start doing it out side! I never even thought of that! That is awesome!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.