Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Freak accident, Barrier got broken. Possibly pregnant. Freaking out!

PiggleHugger

Cavy Slave
I really freaking out right now!! My male just tore down the barrier, and got into my girls cage! I think I found the plug in my female too! I am really scared! One of my piggies has had a litter before (accident..) and the other has never had a litter, I got her in July. I'm so worried now!

I don't know know how he managed to break the barrier, even I couldn't break it and I am super strong.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Oh no! Boars sure are very determined. Unfortunately, all you can really do now is separate them more thoroughly and hope for the best. (Well, I suppose you could have your girls spayed now before anything actually develops, but that's a big decision to make for a pregnancy that might not even occur.)

Was the barrier actually displaced, or is it possible he climbed over it? Boars have been known to do that before.

PiggleHugger

Cavy Slave
Oh no! Boars sure are very determined. Unfortunately, all you can really do now is separate them more thoroughly and hope for the best. (Well, I suppose you could have your girls spayed now before anything actually develops, but that's a big decision to make for a pregnancy that might not even occur.)

Was the barrier actually displaced, or is it possible he climbed over it? Boars have been known to do that before.

Theres no way I could have the girls spayed, my family just spent a ton of money on a new business and renovations (we really couldn't afford those either..). He displaced the barrier, he didn't climb it. Thank you for your help! I'm really freaked out over this

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
As you found out the hard way, males and females need separate cages, not just a barrier between them. The female's cage needs a locked down lid to avoid a very determined male from lifting it.

What's done is done. If you were lucky enough to avoid a pregnancy, count your blessings. House the male in a separate cage immediately.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.