Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference Fleece Tunnel

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
I just tried this pattern in German for a fleece tunnel, and I really like it! It doesn't have boning, but it stays open pretty well because of the roll on the end. And you can see the piggies with it in their cage... They all seem to be enjoying it!

(broken link removed)

Seeing how my girls like this, I'm going to make another, hopefully sometime this week. While I'm at it, I'm planning to translate the pattern into English, with a couple slight modifications because sewing batting with a machine is hard, and with inches instead of centimeters for us Americans (I guess if you're international and want cm, you can just refer to the original pattern).

But if you are really excited, and want to make sure you have all the supplies, I used 100% polyester 1/2" loft batting: 23"x12", solid fleece: 22"x20", and print fleece: 23"x12". All the fleece was from my remnants pile leftover from making potty pads, so it coordinates with one of my cage changes (just not this one...)

Attachments

IMG_1299.jpg IMG_1298.jpg

Sunrise

Cavy Slave
That is so cute! Thank you for sharing the pictures! I love the idea. I have totally no sewing skills or desire to learn how (no sewing machine). It looks difficult!

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
Did anyone ever translate this to English?

i think it looks easy and would love to try it this weekend. I've been looking for instructions on how to make a tunnel.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
There are several online translators. I think this one does a good job with this particular web page:

(broken link removed)

thank you

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.