Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise First Time OutSide

Nicholas

Cavy Slave
I took my piggies outside for the first time yesterday....they didn't seem to enjoy it as much as they should have, running around in the grass and what-not but anyway here are some pigtures!
DSCN2581.jpgDSCN2600.jpgDSCN2590.jpgDSCN2580.jpg

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
First times are scary. Hopefully they'll grow to love it :) I don't have any way of containing mine outside their cage so they haven't ever been outside... They will soon, hopefully.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Throw something over part of the top of the pen. As far as they're concerned, you've put them out for the eagles to eat!

Also, don't let them go hog wild (pun intended) on grass when you first start putting them out -- fresh grass can give them terrible tummy troubles. Start with just a little and let them work up to it.

Nicholas

Cavy Slave
Throw something over part of the top of the pen. As far as they're concerned, you've put them out for the eagles to eat!

Also, don't let them go hog wild (pun intended) on grass when you first start putting them out -- fresh grass can give them terrible tummy troubles. Start with just a little and let them work up to it.
I'll take that into consideration next time I let them outside, and the area they were in didn't have a thick concentration of grass.:)

natsmom26

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They are super cute.

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Cute piggies :D Question @bpatters, or anyone, what do you recommend we do for the winter? grow grass inside? o_O or wel.. that attracts bugs doesn't it..hmm.. xD any ideas?

Nicholas

Cavy Slave
Cute piggies :D Question @bpatters , or anyone, what do you recommend we do for the winter? grow grass inside? o_O or wel.. that attracts bugs doesn't it..hmm.. xD any ideas?
Actually guineas don't need fresh grass, its more of a treat. And from the grass I've grown inside it hasn't attracted any type of bugs. Hope that helps.:)

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.