Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Find Materials Coroplast section

david

Cavy Slave
HomeDepot
Rt 202
Raritan
New Jersey
found sheets of colorplast for $15. At the time they only had white.Coroplast
Danni
10/15/02

I've been going crazy looking for coroplast locally, this place (Home Depot) is about an hour away from me. I was on the phone with them for almost 30 minutes and they said they didn't have any. I guess this one could be outdated.

I've been to two other Home Depot's locally and two Lowe's and none of the major hardware (I think that's what you call them) stores seem to have it. I've checked in local sign shops but they don't sell it, they said they could order it for me but I'd have to order a substantial amount. All I want is one sheet.

Merrill

Cavy Slave
david said:
HomeDepot
Rt 202
Raritan
New Jersey
Danni
10/15/02

I've been going crazy looking for coroplast locally, this place (Home Depot) is about an hour away from me. I was on the phone with them for almost 30 minutes and they said they didn't have any. I guess this one could be outdated.

I've been to two other Home Depot's locally and two Lowe's and none of the major hardware (I think that's what you call them) stores seem to have it. I've checked in local sign shops but they don't sell it, they said they could order it for me but I'd have to order a substantial amount. All I want is one sheet.
You seem to live close enough to this place:

https://www.harborsales.net/

They sell it for roughly $7.20 per 4x8 sheet, depending on colors and such, but if they have a Harbor Truck in your area, they say they ship it free. Otherwise you would have to buy 50 sheets :p But I think one sheet for you would be less than $20.

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

david

Cavy Slave
I never considered an art store would sell coroplast. Thanks for the lead, I'm going to look into it. I don't think I have any of the two stores you mentioned near me or even in this state but I'll look around.

Harborsales seems kind of far for me it's in Maryland if I had to go there to buy it I might be better off going to New York. I'll have to see. I'm not in the biggest rush. I have a good budget to work with so I am considering experimenting with other materials also. I would order 50 sheets but then what would I do with 50 sheets of coroplast? How do I find out if they have a truck near me or coming near me? I would meet the truck if need be. Do I call them to find out or do they have a coming to your area section or something?

david

Cavy Slave
I did a quick search and Wallacks and Loomis are both only located in Canada. I'm in the US.

Merrill

Cavy Slave
david said:
I never considered an art store would sell coroplast. Thanks for the lead, I'm going to look into it. I don't think I have any of the two stores you mentioned near me or even in this state but I'll look around.

Harborsales seems kind of far for me it's in Maryland if I had to go there to buy it I might be better off going to New York. I'll have to see. I'm not in the biggest rush. I have a good budget to work with so I am considering experimenting with other materials also. I would order 50 sheets but then what would I do with 50 sheets of coroplast? How do I find out if they have a truck near me or coming near me? I would meet the truck if need be. Do I call them to find out or do they have a coming to your area section or something?
You can call them and ask about all that stuff, but I just recently found out they will only ship to businesses, not residential areas and such, so you'd have to know someone or ask someone if they'd be willing to recieve the order for you.

david

Cavy Slave
The business part is no problem. I own a business and also run an office which it can get delivered to. If they only sell to businesses that would mean I'd have to make a large order. I'm going to continue my quest locally then if there are no other options I will try to order from them.

Merrill

Cavy Slave
david said:
The business part is no problem. I own a business and also run an office which it can get delivered to. If they only sell to businesses that would mean I'd have to make a large order. I'm going to continue my quest locally then if there are no other options I will try to order from them.
Actually you don't. They have no minimum order, but guaranteed free shipping comes only with 50 or more sheets or so I think. But somewhere, I think it's in the doing business category, they say there's no minimum :)

david

Cavy Slave
Well after looking everywhere I new existed didn't work, I did what I should have done in the first place. I looked in the phone book under signs. I called three places and they all had coroplast for sale. The prices range from $10-35 for a 4x8 sheet. I will post them in the find materials section tomorrow.

cornhill

Cavy Slave
corplast

david said:
HomeDepot
Rt 202
Raritan
New Jersey
Danni
10/15/02

Try to find a Sign Supply Co. Sign shops use Corplast all the time. I know for I own a sign shop.

david

Cavy Slave
That's an old post. I already posted under that, I found tons of places that sell coroplast.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I went to that same home depot and they didn't have any coroplast at all. All they had were home for sale signs and the like. I ended up finding it at a local sign store instead.

IfPigsCouldFly

Cavy Slave
I went in to by coroplast at Multi Craft Plastics in Tigard Oregon today. $10 a sheet all different colors. They even had scrap of all kinds of plastic for $2 a pound. Whoever recommended going here, it was a great suggestion. If you live in the area I would suggest using them. The staff was very helpful, and there was lots of fun useful stuff. They even said that there is an underground world of guinea pig people. The woman who helped me said they get about one person in a week buying coroplast for their pig cages!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.