Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals Discharge?

• Thread starter WclayCunningham
  • Start date

WclayCunningham

Cavy Slave
Hello,

Today i noticed my piggie had a white discharge. It didnt seem normal now that i look at it. This happened this afternoon and when i came home tonight its seemed to be a brownish or reddish color for her private area. what does this mean and what do i need to do? Help ASAP please!!

idramaxx0

Cavy Slave
I do not know what is happening to your piggy but my best advice would be to find a cavy savvy vet asap! While the advice on this forum is good, it cannot replace the medical attention that can be provided by your vet.

WclayCunningham

Cavy Slave
it seems to be drying up now. is that good?

WclayCunningham

Cavy Slave
like she doesnt seem to be hurting at all. iv been watching her since i got home and all seems normal. i will prolly see a vet but has this happened to anyone else?

WclayCunningham

Cavy Slave
or does anyone know what this is?

Andrmgic

Cavy Slave
Are you sure it wasn't urine?

Pigs who are eating foods that are high in calcium can have white cloudy colored pee.. it dries as a white powdery spot on the bedding..

edit: still, if you're not sure, please get them to a vet ASAP. As was mentioned above, cavies don't get better on their own.. they need medical attention.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Describe the discharge exactly. Was the white discharge on the bedding or on your pig? What exactly did it look like or feel like?

The brownish/reddish could be urine that oxidized due to the oxygen in the air. The white discharge could be calcium. The more info you can provide, the better we can help.

I don't feel this warrants a trip to the vets at this time. I think it's just discolored urine which can be normal but I need you to answer the questions I asked so I can give you more help.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.