Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Death To Hackers!!!!

Himino

Cavy Slave
aww man that suck's

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Ack!! I love manga and anime! Never been to any conventions though, there are never anywhere near me!! >.< Gr!
Let's see.. I think I like manga more... just the way the story is, it's usually better and more thorough in the mangas. And cheaper! ^_^ I LOVE Samurai Deeper Kyo, Kodocha, Battle Angel Alita, MARS, AzuManga Diaoh, InuYasha, CardCaptors, and PreTear is pretty good too. I like a lot of other manga, but those are my favorites. I've only seen PreTear in anime, haven't read the manga yet(If there is...?).
What are the conventions like? I would just love to go to them, but my city dosen't have any, and I doubt my mom would drive me if it were out of my city. I've heard they are great!
Are you guys talking about the X/1999(I think that's what it's called?)? My sister has like all of them!! Oh my gorsh! It's nuts. Everyone she knows says it's too boring to read. She loves it though...**sweatdrop** Also, Guardian Utena or something like that? The Pink haired girl? I think I've read it. It was pretty good.
I don't go to anime boards... I can't find any! Actually, today(Yes, Christmas, oh well!) I am going to look for them!
Happy Holidays!

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
You poor person. I hope your bord gets back up soon.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Just started learning Japanese this tri, and in three weeks we've learned katakana and half of hiragana. It's about 10 characters a day, and it's driving me INSANE!!! I already take French 3, and that's 1st period. I'm tired for that class. Then 2nd period is... you guessed it... Japanese! I'm just going nuts. Sorry I had to vent.

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
OHHHHHH CONVENTIONS ARE THE GREATEST!! I'll have to show you some of my cosplays! They aren't wonderful mind you, stuff I slapped up in a few hours more like, BUT NO ONE CARES! XD! There is sooooooooo much stuff to do in the 3 days that the conventions offer you. Like panel discussions with artists, voice actors, cosplay designers, and ummm ANIME GAMES, karaoke, cosplay contests, and just alot of stuff really! I went to a really funny panel once titled " How to be a Geek with a Sex Life ", it was basically telling really desperate people how to get lucky at a sci-fi/Anime convention. Hilarious, and everyone got free condoms! OHHHHH AND THE CONVENTION SHOP! How I've wasted so many hundreds of dollars on Digi-Charat memorobilia, and the enamel pins.....MY GOD MY COLLECTION OF ENAMEL PINS! And let's see, they of course have picture galleries displaying pieces of art people want to sell at the auction convention, and video galleries displaying the latest anime from japan. And just like any popular anime convention, after midnight they show Hentai in one of the video gallery rooms. If you don't know what it is, just pm me and I'll tell you since it's not quite appropriate. Yeah at every convention I've been to I got about 4 hours of sleep out of 3 days, but it's soooo much fun that you don't really miss the sleep. Plus that's what the drive home is all about! You should try to set up a trip with a friend ( or a group) who wants to go to a con with you and this might further persuade your mom to take you, worked for me!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Wow. Just wow.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
My thoughts exactly.

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
Wow. Just wow.
I'm not always this hyper in my posts usually, I just get so excited about conventions. They really are loads of fun. Well I'm not going to say I'm not a geek either because I do love sci-fi, medieval history, video/ computer games, anime/manga, and internet comics. But I guess I'll try and buy back some street cred and say I have other passions too like cooking and traveling :D. Oh well, not like it matters if I were a geek or not. It's not a rule at this site...yet.

:p @_@

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Haha, go to (broken link removed). Best store ever.

Miss Piggy

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
Haha, go to (broken link removed). Best store ever.
If you only knew how much money I've spent there already -_-;;

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Haha, glad to hear it. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.