Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding CritterCare bedding?

Pigalicious

Cavy Slave
I made the mistake of buying the CritterCare. Don't waste your money, it is terrible. Stick with the Carefresh. It keeps the odor down much better.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
CareFRESH. I found that and thought it would be great, (I was wrong) it's really hard actually, unlike CareFRESH it is hard to spread out, instead of being soft like they say it is. Save your money, I tried all the colors (brown + blue) and they were both the same. It doesn't keep the odor down great either. It's basically like wood shavings but made out of paper. You could also try (broken link removed) it is a bit cheaper than CareFRESH. It keep the smell down, and it is very soft as well. I mix this & the CareFRESH together sometimes as this one smells pretty good (the one I get his a hint of lavender)

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the feedback you guys! Looks like I'll be buying CareFRESH, haha. :)

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
I use critter care but i have nothing to compare it to other than shavings, i have always refused to pay carefresh prices. In Canada it is even more expensive I find. I only use the critter care in their litter boxes so i find it does the job. You can always use yesterdays news as an alternative. I've used a layer of yesterdays news under the critter care and it absorbs a lot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.