Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

crittercare bedding

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave
crittercare bedding

I found this bedding today at Walmart. It is identical to Carefresh, and it's in a small pink 10-liter bag. Unfortunately, I didn't see any 50-liter bags like Carefresh has, but the small crittercare 10-liter bags were only $3 and change.

I can't find a picture online of this bedding, but it's identical to Carefresh, once again, just comes in a crittercare brand pink bag, instead of a carefresh brand green bag.

Anyone ever use this??

F

fcarr

Crittercare beddiing

I also found this at my local Walmart. I can't detect any difference between this bedding and Carefresh...but it is cheaper. Whenever I see it there, I buy up as much as I can.

Attachments

mocha3.jpg mocha2.jpg mocha1.jpg
C

CryptoBrian

Re: Crittercare beddiing

I'm fairly certain they are the same thing. They are both products of Absorbents, Inc. (www.absorbent.com).

My vet also sells the same material (and calls it Carefresh) in 50 liter brown paper bags. He apparently gets it from a laboratory supply wholesaler and in turn resells it for $14.00 a bag. I'd love to find a way to buy direct from such a wholesaler! Though I suppose www.carefresh.ca isn't too bad either at $18.99 a 50 liter bag including shipping (to MD) ... though there is a minimum 5 bag order.

Brian

Attachments

Food 2.jpg Toys 4.jpg
D

dmmtexas

Re: crittercare bedding

I've used Crittercare since I got my dwarf bunny for Xmas and I now use it for my guinea pig who I adopted two weeks ago. I also get it from my local Walmart store. I haven't had any problems with it. I wonder if Sams Club would carry it in bulk? I'll check it out after work one afternoon and let you know. Unless anyone has been to Sams Club lately and knows if they carry it?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: crittercare bedding

If it's made by Aborption Corp, it's undoubtedly the same product. They also package and ship it differently for some other wholesalers--in paper bags--it's cheaper, but it's the same stuff.

D

dmmtexas

crittercare/carefresh

It looks like Crittercare and Carefresh are one in the same...except in price! Crittercare costs me $3.72 and Carefresh costs me $6.12 for the same size bag. I had been using Crittercare but I kept reading about Carefresh so I went shopping, needless to say I went back to Crittercare, $3 difference adds up.

Attachments

IMG_3148.jpg IMG_3149.jpg Fluff and Cookie Dough 6.jpg Fluff and Cookie Dough 4.jpg Fluff and Cookie Dough 3.jpg Fluff and Cookie Dough 2.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.