Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

UTI/Urinary Tract Infection Cranberry juice ok for all piggies?

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
I would like to give lucy some cranberry juice as she seems to be redeveloping a bladder infection... If I add some to the water bottle is it ok for my other biggies to have regularly too? Or should I give it to her independently? (my 5 sows live together)

How much pure juice should I add to their water?
Thank you.

animallover2424

Cavy Slave
Cranberry Juice is good for piggies! I would water it down a little bit probably about 50/50 water/cranberrry juice.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Cranberry juice really isn't all that great for pigs. It also does not prevent UTI's or cause any in development to go away. If you think your pig is getting another UTI, then what is needed is a vet visit and antibiotics.

msjbear

Cavy Slave
I would be very hesitant to give my pigs cranberry juice. First of all, it would have to be 100% natural. We are extremely picky about how much sugar we give our pigs (and by sugar I mean sugary fruits). If you're nervous about this, consider calling your vet in advance and get his/her opinion. If they say no, and recommend you come in for antibiotics, then I would do that.

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
Okay Thank you. Guinealinx said something about it being good for helping to prevent the progression of reoccurring URIs, so thought I would give it a shot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.