Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Craigslist Trouble

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Tonight I found someone on Craigslist giving away 2 Male Guinea Pigs he lived in College and said he was giving them away cause one of them fought I went through the pictures and they were in a rather tiny pet store cage I messaged him on a good note saying - Sir I would like to say if you had a Larger cage maybe your Pigs wouldn't fight. I also mentioned if he didn't believe me he could search up online or go on this forum and get help from more older users like Bpatters I didn't mention the username he replied 7 mins later saying No I don't need help I know what I'm doing so leave the f*** alone I responded nicely back saying that There was no need to get defensive and that his pigs would keep fighting in that tiny space next thing you know he mentions that he might give it away to a breeder!!! He had a 4 year old sow he wanted to try out I told him that the breeder is not the best place to sell them too it's just since well in class we were watching an animal cruelty video

This made me tear up a man grabbed a sow and her pups and flung the Mother at the wall the Mother died instantly and the pups were fed to snakes that were going to Petsmart. Also there was another scene were they were collecting semen from a Male GP for tests and after they ran out they were killed. So I quickly didn't now what to respond to the man so I stopped there. I feel sad for the Female who will be hurt but anyway how come most the time you look on Craigslist The GP's are either in bad living conditions or bought from pet stores are they just misinformed do they not do research

Btw I found a How to Take Care of Cavys book in Spanish my mom had gotten when she was little from her Grandma the lifespan was 2-4 years this book was from the 1950s and it said a 1x3 cage would be fine I wonder how people could be do misinformed

Shieme

Cavy Slave
Petsmart doesn't sell snakes large enough to eat pigs. At least none on the south eastern coast. Sorry the idiot said all that and wanted to breed a 4 year old that surely would die seeing how she is almost an elderly pig. This whole thing sounds messed up and weird.

Also, this was an old book. Please do not say people were misinformed back then. 30 years ago, we treated GPs as rabbits. They had that life span because we didn't know. We learn more and more as days go by. Yes I had a GPs 30 years ago and I kept her in a aquarium. I took her out all the time because I was young and loved to play with her. Thank God for that but she didn't get hay and veggies everyday. She didn't get hay at all but sticks. I wish I could go back in time and yell at my child self but this was the material we had.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.