Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I wish you could leave comments on Craigslist posts

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I was looking through Craigslist just now and saw this: (broken link removed) Was it really necessary to post in all capitol letters? Whenever I see stuff like that, I have to read it through gritted teeth :p

I wish you could leave comments on Craigslist posts, I'd like to explain to this person why rehoming fees are necessary to ensure the animals go to a good home. But I don't want to actually contact this person and get into an email war, it's not worth it.

If I put this on the wrong forum, I apologize; I figured since it wasn't a breeder it didn't belong in the Flag forum :p

Artista

Cavy Slave
CL isn't monitored so I could see all kinds of crap happening. Just look at forums where the moderator really isn't around much.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
I was thinking about putting up a listing about why rehoming fees are important, but the listing was removed last night.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
I just tried to look at the listing and it's been removed. What was it for/about out of curiosity?

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
This one person posted a paragraph-long rant about how people shouldn't charge the same amount of money for a mutt as a purebred and that they wouldn't recoup their loses by selling the dog. There was one part in there where they said a rehoming fee is "unnecessary in finding a good home, all animals should be given away for free" or something like that.

The whole post was written in all capitol letters and titled "ARE U PEOPLE FREAKING KIDDING ME??"

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
So they weren't even selling anything? It was just made to complain? Jeez. I'm glad you can't comment, I woulda let 'em have it!

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
Yep, they were not selling anything, it was posted for the sole purpose of ranting.

byccumwho

Cavy Gazer
I saw a post on mine the other day about a person that had 9 Holland Lop bunnies for $35.00 each! I was like....Seriously? :/ Ugh people.

Last edited:

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
Do people really not have anything better to do? And how idiotic can you be, besides that? A) if you won't pay a rehoming fee, it's unlikely you'll pay for vet care, and anything that isn't the bare minimum necessities. B) If you can't afford a rehoming fee, you shouldn't be taking on the financial responsibility of a pet.

Rehoming fees help weed out the dedicated, capable owners from the spur of the moment, impulse decision 'owners' who are just caving to their kids moaning or some other bad reason for wanting a pet.

byccumwho

Cavy Gazer
Do people really not have anything better to do? And how idiotic can you be, besides that? A) if you won't pay a rehoming fee, it's unlikely you'll pay for vet care, and anything that isn't the bare minimum necessities. B) If you can't afford a rehoming fee, you shouldn't be taking on the financial responsibility of a pet.

Rehoming fees help weed out the dedicated, capable owners from the spur of the moment, impulse decision 'owners' who are just caving to their kids moaning or some other bad reason for wanting a pet.

Oh I'm all for rehoming fees when they're reasonable.. I just assumed it was more of a rabbit breeder for $35.00 a bunny.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
@byccumwho, that wasn't aimed at you. But, just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's a breeder. I paid a £90 rehoming fee for my dog, and I got him from Dog's Trust (very reputable charity that has centres all over the country), so they definitely weren't a breeder lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.