Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cozy?

• Thread starter Slave to the Rose
  • Start date

Slave to the Rose

Cavy Slave
I just made a cozy for my little Rose a few days ago. She loved it from the start and there is really only one problem. She refuses to leave it to go to the potty. She is litter trained for the most part and poops primarily in her 'kitchen' but she loves her cozy so she won't leave it to potty. The result? I'm going to have to start washing it every day to keep it from stinking.

Any ideas?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Make several cozies. I haven't figured out a way yet to keep pigs from using cozies as potties. If you have several, you can switch them out daily and wash them when you have a few to put in a washer load.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I think they just get so comfy they can't be bothered moving. I have 1 for each of my pigs, and to save me from having to wash it every day I have spare pieces of fleece that I lay over the fleece that's sown into it when it gets damp. Seems to work pretty well so far.

I wish I could sow...and I wish I could afford to buy more off the cozycavy, but it cost me nearly $90 AUD for 5 and that was just shipping them from the US to Canada so they could hitch a ride home with a friend.

Slave to the Rose

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the ideas

Aertyn- I will try that untill I can sew more cozies.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Or kind of like Aertyn said, so you don't have to wash the whole cozy everytime, you can not sew the fleece onto it but have it seperate so you only have to wash the piece of fleece itself whenever it gets soiled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.