Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Coroplast Help Needed - 72 x 36 sheets at Home Depot not big enough

theblueofnoon

Cavy Slave
So I was all set to pick up my supplies for my C&C cage this weekend, but I looked at the Coroplast on Home Depot's website and realized that their single sheets are 72x36, which isn't going to work for a 4x2 cage. I would need 40" for the width (28 + 6 + 6). So do I instead turn it sideways and somehow connect 2 pieces together? I'm confused. They do sell bigger sheets, but only in 10 packs, at least according to the website. Or are 4.5" sides going to be okay?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/COROSPL...-in-Twinwall-Plastic-Sheet-COR-3672/202771364

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I've only got 4 inch sides on my cage.

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
I have 3" sides, and they aren't my favorite situation (stuff tends to end up outside the cage) but they aren't bad.

lissie

Cavy Slave
With the size of home depot coroplast, you can make the walls 4.5 inches. The tray won't be full 28", you'll need to account for the fold, and some space inside the grids, so the tray width is 27".

MyraMidnight

Cavy Slave
guess it depends on what kind of bedding you'll use? I had no trouble taping together coroplast when I needed to raise one of my walls taller than the material allowed me to make directly.

Though I ran across this great page suggesting clear acrylic sheets for walls: (broken link removed)

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
If you have sign shops near you, you can check to see if they'll sell you some coroplast. Sabic Polymershapes (www.sabicpolymershapes.com/) sells coroplast too.

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
I got my coroplast from home depot but I have a 2x3 so this was enough to have 6" sides on the ends and 4.5" on the long sides. It's not an issue for me, but I did it myself so it's a bit wonky. And I cut my finger with the scoring. I'd recommend using a box cutter....I couldn't find mine and used a swiss army knife. I've heard you can easily use packing tape and connect two pieces and it'll be fine as long as you're thorough with your tape. I live in NYC and finding coroplast anywhere but Home Depot was a giant pain.

theblueofnoon

Cavy Slave
Well, we tried it with the 4.5 inch sides and I'm not liking it. The bedding for the kitchen area flies out everywhere. I think we're going to pick up another sheet from a sign store instead and try 6 inches sides all the way around except the front.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.