Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

convincing parents

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
How did some of you convince your parents to let you get pigs I have one so far and wanted to get him a buddy and was wondering how you convinced your parents.

waterdragon

Cavy Slave
i dont know if this would work with your parents but its what i did. just dont tell them your getting another 1. butmy parents dont really care, so you should try saying that your pig will live a happier and healthier life with a play mate maybe theyl give in.

Piglet

Cavy Slave

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
you can look at another thread called "convincing parents"

pigglover101 was in the exact same situation as you

ytfsa

Cavy Slave
I convinced............

Actually, I got mine from my teacher. She said that her nephew brought home a gerbil (!) and if I'd like to take it. I said yeah, my mom said yeah, then I look in the cage when my teacher takes her out of the car and I'm like, "uh, that's a guinea pig. not a gerbil."

ytfsa

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Ugh. Its so annoying when people get the names wrong. My aunt came round yesterday and said 'are you still getting those gerbils'. Pfft.

piggielover92

Cavy Slave
Piglet said:
Ugh. Its so annoying when people get the names wrong. My aunt came round yesterday and said 'are you still getting those gerbils'. Pfft.
I have had people call my guinea pigs gerbils, rats, and hamsters.

cAvYcRaZy

Cavy Slave
It really does get annoying when people call guinea pigs everything BUT guinea pigs. lol

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yep, just take a look at the other thread. It should help you, and good luck!

CactusCavy

Cavy Slave
Hi, y'all, I'm new. (My very first post!)

So, about convincing parents...
Mine began to be more considerate about actually getting a GP when I stopped squeaking at odd moments (not like I do that now) "Can i have a guinea pig?!!" lol

I finally got one when a friend of mine moved out of town.
Unfortunately, I only had him for a week and two days before he passed away, as, though I was taking very good care of him, the former owners didn't really, keeping him in a tiny cage for most of his dull, drear life of three years.

They now are going to let me get a pair of boys (I hope--it seems likely...) from a rescue place about an hour away. My parents now are okay with having GPs, and
--GUESS WHAT!--my mom has joined my enthusiasim, and especially likes long-haired ones.

So, maybe you could try getting your parents to get to know your piggie...

(Sorry about the long post...I felt like talking.)

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
My parents are so much for guinea pigs my mom is allergic so you know what would happen if she really met him. My dad I don't know whats with him.
Which sucks cause I love animals

CactusCavy

Cavy Slave
Oh, well.Maybe if you tried to explain to them that your little friend would be so much more happier if he had a buddy, and they won't ever have to meet them. (lol)

I hope you can get another GP, and that your piggy won't end up how my late, inheirited one ended up--bored with life, and lonesome. (That is less likely to happen...Mine lived most of his life in a tiny cage.)

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
TinaFabulous said:
I need ideas for convincing too
ditto. i need major help. my folks are toughies.

TinaFabulous

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Some people don't know the difference between a hamster,ferret,gerbil,guinea pig, etc. It might get annoying at times, but it's nothing to complain about.

Don't mean to offend anyone.

TinaFabulous

CavyCatastrophe

Cavy Slave
I have two male gp's in my room, right next to my bed. The first night they were loud because the water bottle I had made alot of noise. Plus they ran around and if they heard me move they would jump. The second night i slept perfectly fine. They still make noise but not enough to keep me awake or wake me up. And I am not a heavy sleeper, so it doesnt take much to wake me up.

TinaFabulous

GuineaPiggie

Cavy Slave
I had gotten my little Piggies when I was 8 or 9 years old. We only had a dog at the time and I was very intrested in Guinea Pigs. I read books about them and went on this website to find information about them. This went on for about 1 month (I kept reading the same book over and over again lol) Then my parents finally gave in! I was so happy that I got them! Try telling your parents that Guinea Pigs are very social creatures and need to be around other Guinea's to be happier. Otherwise they need lots of attention.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.