Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescues concerned piggy parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

helennhazel

Cavy Slave
so I recently took in three guinea pigs that I could tell were not being well taken care of - 2 females & a male

when I got them, they were crammed in a tiny cage, probably smaller than a 2x1 C & C cage with nothing but a corn cob to nibble on, not even hay - & a thin layer of newspaper as bedding

the previous owners told me that they had them all for about three weeks & then decided to rehome them, thankfully

when i asked them if the male was neutered they said ?no but he never tried to romance the females?... i kept my comments to myself lol

as soon as I got them I separated the male, and I tried bonding him with my other males but wasn?t successful, he tore my boys up - i put him in a cage by himself

one of the females who we now call ?gray girl? had poop hardened on one of her paws, i got that all taken care of and she?s happy and healthy

the other female who we call ?loucille? is kind of concerning me - she eats, sleeps, popcorns, drinks, everything except making noise, it?s like this poor girl doesn?t have a voice box!

i have literally only heard her ever make ONE noise & it was when i went to pick her up, it kind of sounded like she was trying to squeak but it came out more of a ?wheezing? type of noise?

should I be worried about her?
& should i be expecting babies since both girls were with a male for 3 +/- weeks?

thanks in advance & sorry for the novel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've already posted this once. Please don't make duplicate posts on the forum. Most people who read it read all the new posts, so there's no need to put one up twice.

I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.