Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coco wont run

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
Hi all my guinea pig coco wont run around whereas her play friend runs around like a high gremlin, so funny to watch a ginger blur :D anyway i have tried stuffing a sock with hay, or hiding veggies around and she just eats then hops back in her cage, she just wont run or popcorn, i trained them to squeak when they hear the fridge open cause they know lettuce is coming but she just seems so upset when she has the whole floor to run around on!! how can i influence her to run around, like i said her friend loves it!!! please dont suggest that she is ill i have taken her vets and she is very healthy and she eats all her food...❤️

Raine59

Cavy Slave
I think some pigs just don't like to run and play, just like some humans don't. My girls just sit there looking bored during floor time. Is Coco older than her friend?

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
no they are both about 3 months, ill upload pictures soon, gingey is contantly active always looking for food too greedy little thing, but coco just sits there wont budge wont look around, i was worried about her health but the vet said she is fine, i just dont know how to influence her

Raine59

Cavy Slave
Maybe she is just scared. How long have you had her?

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
i have had her for about a month, she cuddles and comes to me when food is near but just wont run or popcorn , i guess she is just not the type of piggie

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
My 6mo boar doesn't do anything but sit like a lump on a log either :( I don't think they're all active just like some humans are more active than others.

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
i suppose i just worry i need to stop expecting them to act the same as eachother but coco is such the opposite to her sister, oh well i hope she is okay :(

Tunundary

Cavy Slave
It could also be the time of day. One of my guinea pigs only did zoomies when it was late at night, but she preferred to just relax and nibble on food during the day.

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
i just worry she isnt having fun, shes so much smaller than her sis..thank you all for your replies :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.