Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Cilantro question

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
We have been introducing our guinea pigs to lettuce, (not iceberg), cilantro, cherry tomatoes and bell peppers so far. We are working on more. So far I have been feeding them 2-4 stems of cilantro and they seem to love it, for each pig. I was wondering how much total could they have of this? I tried to find it somewhere on here, I may have missed it but could not find it. I saw a diet menu, but it said something like 2 sprigs? (Hope I got that right) I am sorry, but I am not sure what that is. Can someone tell me how much I can give them of cilantro, wow, they love it! They do not seem to like lettuce very much, they only nibble on it a bit, but I am working off the great charts on here to introduce them to more veggies.

They can have quite a bit per day. A sprig is just the stem with the leaves on it. I've been known to give my girls half a bunch a day at times.

So I could give them maybe 10 sprigs per pig a day or more? They are going crazy over it! They seem to like it alot better than lettuce. I want to feed it everyday to them because I see on your chart it is a daily vegetable. Thank you to explaining to me what a sprig was, lol, I never heard that before, so I am a little green to all of this. LOL. Thanks for all your help, you are a great help to me and my pigs, we all thank you!

Cilantro is a favorite here. I buy three bunches a week and they are always gone by week's end. I love to nuzzle their little noses after they have been munching away on cilantro. They smell like salsa. :)

I think by far my pigs love this the best! Boy, they can really slurp down those stems fast! LOL.. They look like little paper shredders going at it! My 3 year old loves watching them eat it, hahahahaha.. I love feeding it to them too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.