Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chins Chinchilla-shaped hammock

Plummie

Cavy Slave
I came up with this design tonight, what do you think? :) It's 100% polar fleece.

WEEEE! I want one!!!

I can make them in all different colors too.

They are GORGEOUS! Can you make one like the piggy in your avatar?

That's really cute! I bet it would sell very well. I mean, I'd buy one if I had a chinchilla.

If my pigs enjoyed hammocks, I would definately be a customer. They are very nice and I think you should sell quite a few.

Thank you all for your nice comments. :) I haven't tried to making a guinea pig shaped hammock yet, but I'll see what I can come up with!

You should make people shaped hammocks to look like the owner! :D

What size are they and how much are you selling them for?

Would a GP even like to lay in a hammock?

Some guinea pigs like hammocks, my girls didn't really care for them. These hammocks are mainly aimed for use by chinchillas.

The sleeping part (body) of the hammock is 12"x12" and diagonally they are 23".

I'm thinking about selling them for $11-12 a piece, if there is enough demand.

Ok, thanks. In case you don't know, if you sell them through cavy cages, you have to donate a part of your proceeds to cavy spirit/cavy cages. I donate $1 for every cavy cave I sell and VJ donates money from her cuddly cavies as well. If you are interested in trying to sell a few though cavy cages forum, please pm me as you need moderator permission to do so.

I love it and I know my chinnies would, too! Let us know when/where you plan to sell them! Do you think you will make them in "standard gray"?

The human shaped hammock is a funny idea!!!!

I can definitely make a standard gray, I'll post pics and prices soon!

I may also be interested in one if you decided to do this and got permission from the moderators :D

Plummie has our permission so start buying them! They are infinitly cute. It makes me wish I had a chinnie or a ferret.

Yay! I can't wait to get one (or 2) for my chinnies! Have you decided on price, etc., Plummie?

The price break down will be as follows:

$13 for any color wrap (same color all the way around)
$14 for a white belly add-on
$15 for TOV + white belly

Shipping is approximately $2 per hammock anywhere in the U.S.

Here is a black velvet:

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Violet and pink white:

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

My hammocks arrived today!!! They are adorable. Thank you so much!

I have hung the "standard gray" in with my two standard grays and it is being examined as I type. It seems to be quite the new fascination.

By the way, I love your chinchilla stamps! Wherever did you find those?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.