Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Treats Can't find Pea Flakes

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone

Do any of you know where I can get pea flakes in the US? I've checked myself, but all I found was a bunch of .uk websites. Hansepet.com was one of the results, but when I clicked on "pea flakes", it just gave me the benefits of feeding pea flakes, but that's about it. I have no idea if Hansepet.com actually sells products, because I couldn't add it to the cart or anything like that. I was hoping one of you guys would know a website or a store of something. Thanks! :)

I'm not sure what pea flakes are (I can extrapolate from the name) so I suspect you can't get them here (US). Maybe from a website in Canada?

Pea flakes are dehydrated green peas. They make a nice treat for guinea pigs :) I hear a lot about how people's guinea pigs absolutely adore eating pea flakes, and that they contain an essential nutrient called lysine, so I thought it be fun to let the boys give them a try :) Thanks for the suggestion, but in the meantime, I'm just gonna wait; bunnyapproved.com has some but they are currently out of stock. But thanks anyway :)

@CavyTV bunnyapproved.com are apparently expecting their JR Farms Pea Flakes to be back in stock in about 3 weeks. They are behind with their orders because they took a break over the holidays. They emailed me to say they have another brand available. If you're interested, here's the link

(broken link removed)

I've been wanting to try them too, it's going to be an expensive trial though, lol. It's a good thing they will last a long time.

If you shop at petsmart, the sell a purple bag of "peas and carrots" by All Living Things brand. It has pea flakes and dried carrot flakes and costs about $4. My girls love them! I've also used dry split peas purchased in bulk from a whole food store.

Edit:

I found an online link and it looks like they're only $2 right now!
(broken link removed)

Last edited:
I have an idea that I'm really curious about...Currently, I don't have any pea flakes for my piggies but I was wondering if I could make my own. We have cans or organic sweet green peas and I thought of the idea of smushing them and putting them in the oven. Would that work? I don't know what temperature I would have to set it at or for how long...I remember one time I put some forage in the oven to create dried forage and it worked, only the boys didn't really like the smell or something because they would try to nibble at it but then they would turn away and paw their noses lol It did have a stench to it...the house smelled like burnt grass and flowers for a few days after that (even though the forage didn't burn in the oven).

(broken link removed)

dunno if that's what you want. I get a mixture at petsmart.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.