Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Cage Location, Is This Okay?

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I've been feeling a little guilty about Borat and Amy's cage location, as they're in the front room and I spend most of my time in the family room. I work at home, and that's my main work spot. Mufasa lived in the family room when he was alive, but the front room has more space which I needed for appropriate cages for two piggies when we adopted his successors.

I read the other recent thread that said piggies don't necessarily need a lot of human contact to be happy, so I'm hoping the cage location might not be so bad. I've been trying to figure out how to move it to the family room but the front room would be much, much better for the long term.

The piggies do spend two to three hours a day in the family room in their play pens, and they're close enough to human activity to wheek whenever they hear the fridge or if I crinkle plastic in the family room. Both my husband and I go in there several times a day to hand out treats, pet them, or give them a little impromptu lap time. Our house isn't that big, so the front room isn't all that far from the hub of activity, and it's more protected from drafts.

Does it sound like they're getting enough human contact, or would it be better to eventually figure out how to get them back into the family room?

Raine59

Cavy Slave
It sounds to me like they are fine where they are, especially since they have each other to "talk" to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.