Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Buying from Pet Stores VS. Feed Stores/Online

Sara'spets
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
Re: Neutral forum?

Perhaps you have too many animals, if you can't afford to get their supplies.

Sara'spets

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave

So why do you argue when people tell you you're choosing to support mill breeders and such? It's true and you obviously don't want to stop it, so live with your decision and accept the consequences.

(You should also figure out the price per pound of buying in the store vs. buying online. I found hay and pellets were much cheaper online.)

Sara'spets

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave

Hell, I was just trying to save you some money, but you're obviously in a defensive mode where you can't think clearly. You go right ahead and pay too much for crappy food at your pet store, and keep supporting the overpopulation situation. Just stop whining when people point out what you're doing. That's all I'm asking.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave

For some people 'the truth' hasn't hit them hard enough. I have reported more than my share of pet stores. Now I have a pig with CL that is from a pet store. Salana knows about the truth too- look at Einstein.

No place is 'hours' away from a feed store. Give me your zip- I will find one within a half hours driving distance. But it seems you don't want your location revealed.

Some people are happy. Ignorance is bliss.

Sara'spets

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave

Sara, debate works much better when you don't make unwarranted accusations about what another person thinks. Your entire previous post is irrational and absurd. I am not demanding anything. I simply suggested that you look into options and consider the costs, and that you accept the consequences of your actions without resorting to defensive, ridiculous accusations.

Sara'spets

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave

salana said:
Perhaps you have too many animals, if you can't afford to get their supplies.

We wouldn't know. She tells us nothing of her background. Her profile contains nothing. My profile contains info about my pigs and their cages, which makes sense, since this is a forum dedicated to properly housing - guinea pigs!

I'm security conscious on the web, but none of my profile information is considered sensitive.

Sara - you say you're not defensive, but not even disclosing how many pigs you have seems that way. Lighten up already.

And I'd rather support shipping companies than pet mills.

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave

It's irrational to accuse me of attacking you. No post of mine has contained a single personal attack or demand. Many of yours have contained unwarranted assumptions about my state of mind and general personality. I suggest you step away from the computer and calm down.

I merely said you bought junk from the pet store because I have never seen a pet store that carried Oxbow.

Sara'spets

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave

You don't automatically buy something by walking into a store.

Sara'spets

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave

Then don't push it. If you know we will flare at it, why do you bring it up? You put yourself in the position to be debated with.

Sara'spets

DaCourt

Cavy Slave

I go into Petsmart and Petco all the time. But I don't buy anything. Why do I go in there, you might ask. Well, because my 9 year old ahd been doing a study for about 8 months now. She visits about many different stores and documents the conditions of their animals. She talkes with the people who work in the department and points out problems. Some of them are receptive, some are not. Some of the ones that are not, we actually have to sneak into because they don't want us there.

So yes...I go into those stores all the time. But NEVER buy anything.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave

Hmm.. it seems as if this nine year old child is not as ignorant about the problem as some. Very good parenting DaCourt!

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave

I accept that you "think" differently about the problem (i.e. you seem to think it isn't a problem). I'm now simply asking you to examine how much you pay at your pet store even with your discount, because if it's more than $1.12 a pound, you're better off ordering Oxbow. YOU are the one unable to accept OUR point of view, which is why you're arguing endlessly, why you got yourself into this argument, and why you're refusing to look at the numbers. But we're all well-acquainted with willfully ignorant people.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.