Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding

X_Cavy_Crazy_X

Cavy Slave
I have no piggies yet but I am looking to get two.

I found one up for rehoming in my own city (which was surprising considering my town is not large or near any large cities) But it is only one.

My question is: Should I get two seperatly or should I wait until I can find two up for adoption that were already bonded?

The cavy I am looking at is male and used to be homed with another piggie that unfortunatly died. He should be used to the company of other cavies though. Any help is welcome, thanks in advanced!

PrayerWarrior

Cavy Slave
Well, it'd be easier to get two pigs that are already bonded, but if the lone piggie used to be with another pig, then maybe he'd be easier to find a cagemate for.

Also, if you got him and once you were 100% sure he was healthy, you could always take him to a rescue and they could help you pair him with somebody.

Ziggy&Herald

Cavy Slave
I agree, if you have found one you like, then get him. You can always pair up after. Only 2 of my 5 came in a pair. The rest were all single piggies. And they're all boars.

X_Cavy_Crazy_X

Cavy Slave
wow I am really excited! I always like hearing people's opinions from personal experience, I trust it more then facts someone saw in a book. Thanks and I do think I will go visit that piggy and have a chat with the owner!! If all works out I will get a picture of him for you all soon!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.