Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Bonding Spayed Females and a Boar Rumble strutting all night

Marywinford

Cavy Gazer
I put them in a brand new 3x4 CC cage so it was a new environment for them all and I think because Bean isn't Neutered, he keeps doing the rumble strut around the females. I made 3 card board hidey with double entrances. The females keep making the whining sound and sometimes nips at Bean. One female is dominate and one is submissive. They are spayed and already bonded from their previous owner. The dominate female steals everyone's food and kicks everyone out of their hidey. She comes near the other girl and that girl always squeals. The dominate female full fledged attacked Bean and he was running for his life (Now there is bedding all over my living room floor lol) and there was short tornado of a fight and I manage to separate her for 2 minutes because they stopped teeth chattering and seemed calm. There was no blood so, I released her and she stayed there laying down and Bean layed down beside her eating something. The other girl seems interested in Bean while sniffing him, but still nips at him if he's too close to her butt. They ate together sometimes, but he still rumble struts' the whole time and they continue to spray him with pee. This has been the pattern for the last 16 hours. He was rumble strutting all night and they were whining. No one was doing dangerous attacking so, I went to sleep lol. Is this normal? and is this an okay match for him or should I find someone else for him. I told my husband maybe it would have been better to neuter him and find a young female his age or younger. These girls are 2 years old and he is 7 months old. He seems too "thirsty" lol.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yep, pretty normal. And it usually takes longer to introduce a threesome than just two pigs. He'll calm down eventually, but one of the females will almost certainly be the "boss" of the cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.