Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Best Bra I Ever Bought!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Seriously! Best bra ever. Period. Playtex 18 hour bra. It's $26.00. I'm a 40DD. I have never had a bra I was comfortable wearing. Never. It always dug in here, hurt my shoulders, and I still didn't feel supoorted. I took a risk and bought this one bra to try it out. To my surprise when I took it out of the box (it comes in a box, weird right?) there was no underwire! I thought great. Sure it may be comfortable, but no support. I was so wrong. I am sitting here amazed. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing a bra at all. It just feels like my breasts are magically floating, supported by some unfelt and unseen force.

Okay, it may be too much information for some of you. But for others I had to share. I will never wear another bra again. I'm going to go back out and by several more. I'm completely and utterly sold.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
OPM you get what you pay for.
Girl if I had known that you were not aware of the magic of the 18 hour bra I would have done told ya months ago.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
I sitting here laughing. I also wear the 18 hour bra :) I also hate underwire (loved them before I had kids, now hate them). Almost all of the 18hr w/out the underwire are supportive and comfortable so get yourself a few different ones---maybe a black one hee-hee, comfortable and yet sexy :)

Kriket

Cavy Slave
You mean, tis hideous (ok, it's NOT hideous, it's actually very pretty) monstrosity I'm wearing that the underwire cuts into my you-know-whats can be replaced with something that feels NICE? Ok. Now, how cute is it though? Is hub going to balk when I whip off the teeshirt, or is it decent?

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
WEAVER said:
---maybe a black one hee-hee, comfortable and yet sexy :)

My hubby says there is no such thing as a sexy bra.
He hates them all equally.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Kriket said:
You mean, tis hideous (ok, it's NOT hideous, it's actually very pretty) monstrosity I'm wearing that the underwire cuts into my you-know-whats can be replaced with something that feels NICE? Ok. Now, how cute is it though? Is hub going to balk when I whip off the teeshirt, or is it decent?

They have different ones, some all cotton, some outlined in lace, others are a bit "frisky" and all lace. So yup, go get yourself one and give those "you-know-whats a rest from the underwire.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
There aren't as much variety as I'd like in the designs. I like funky colors and polka dots and stuff. But being a DD I can't find those styles in my size anyway. No one seems them be me and hubby anyway and hubby doesn't care about underware. I'm in love with the bra. It is the best 26 bucks I ever spent.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Wish I knew about that a few days ago. I was up in Edinburgh, and bought several more of the same bra I've had for a couple of years now (except have gone up to an Fcup (must be the heat!) Cripes! It is underwired, and supportive. Reasonably comfortable - but not as shapely as I'd like, and I certainly wouldn't rave about it! Can you get the playtex 18 hour over here? (It'd be worth the hassle to change my unworn 3 for something that good!)

ZanyPS

Cavy Slave
Has anyone gone for a bra fitting before? I think I'm in the wrong one but haven't had the nerve to go yet. I have been trying to talk a friend in going with me. I didn't know they had pretty lacy bras in the Playtex 18hr. I've always worn the under wire embroidery with lace kind. Once I work up the courage to get fitted I will definitely have to buy one.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
I want to try the 18 hr bra now. I got a sports bra I absolutely love, but it is harder to get on and off especially when I am sweaty. Gross huh? The humidity is very high right now.
I am a C size, not too big, although bigger after gaining some weight over the last few years.
Actually I am glad you shared. I will try one. I may go get my sister after a payday and go bra shopping.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The few guys on the forum are just gonna love this post so much that they will avoid it like the plague!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I know Ly. But I had to say something! lol I just love this bra so much I had to share with my fellow women. I live with mostly men so they just don't see the joy of a really good bra.

Weatherlight

Cavy Slave
Neither do I, although I used to use them (never wires, ugh). Then I realized there is no practical reason for me to, especially after reading Editing out link (scroll down to Bras: Bad For Your Health?). I was like geez, when I was entering middle school or so my mom told me to do this, and for that reason alone I've still been doing it for all these years??

The last ones I bought were organic cotton and pretty comfortable, but now that I'm used to not wearing any corset-type-thingo, I'm even more comfortable ^^

People are all different, though, and if you find a product that works for you, woot. They're just not necessary for me, and I don't think they're necessary for everyone else either. If they don't seem to help certain people much anyway, why should they bother?

Last edited by a moderator:

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
That is an interesting site. I fear that if I were to stop wearing bras my lower back pain and shoulder pain would be worse. I'm going to a chiropractor as soon as my insurance starts up again, so I'll be sure to talk to him/her about bras. That should be fun.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Man if I did not wear one I would risk serious injury to my face if I started running.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave

spoonyspork

Cavy Slave
Me three! lol

A bunch of 'Earth-Goddess' types here, eh?

Where does one find this mysterious '18 hour bra'? I risk serious injury to my face when running, bra or not!

ZanyPS

Cavy Slave
I would not want to see where my girls would hang if I never wore a bra, ahh scary thought! But some women defiantly don't need to wear them. I am going to have to read that site over it looks interesting.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I found it at Meijer (which is kind of like Wal-Mart for those not in the Mid-West). So they should have them at Wal-Mart and Targe I suppose. Maybe some department stores.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
(Sigh...)

I wish *I* needed an 18 hour bra. So does my husband.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.