Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Babyproofing ideas needed

little_squirt

Cavy Slave
Hello, i was looking to have a few ideas to babyproof my cage. It is a c&c but i use cardboard in the bottom and not coroplast. I could elongate the walls but my piggy keeps chewing the cardboard that sticks out of the fleece, and so she'll just chew down the walls.

Any ideas and suggestioms would be very well appreciated:)

Last edited:

Novabean

Cavy Slave
Could try plexiglass.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
Is there a reason you don't want to try coroplast?

little_squirt

Cavy Slave
Is there a reason you don't want to try coroplast?
I would but its very hard to find it in my area, and if i were to get it shipped, it would cost me over 100$

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Where are you? City/state, not your actual address. We might be able to help you find some.

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
If the top of the cardboard is high enough to be out of her reach, she probably won't chew it.

little_squirt

Cavy Slave
Where are you? City/state, not your actual address. We might be able to help you find some.
I'm from Canada. In a small town named Verner in Ontario. I did just find out that the Home Depot located an hour away might have some coroplast so we might go take a look there

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm from Canada. In a small town named Verner in Ontario. I did just find out that the Home Depot located an hour away might have some coroplast so we might go take a look there

I would virtually guarantee you that they have it. I got mine at a Home Depot. It's a pretty big sheet, I believe it cost me about $40. Petty much guaranteed that the Home Depot in Sudbury will have it, and if they don't they can order it.

little_squirt

Cavy Slave

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
Not all Home Depots carry coroplast, but they can order it. Many of the workers don't know what coroplast is or where it is located in the store. I've been sent on some wild goose chases in the stores before finally locating it myself. It's usually in the section that has screen doors etc. It's stored upright at quite a few locations so all you see is one skinny edge of it so it's easy to miss.

little_squirt

Cavy Slave
Not all Home Depots carry coroplast, but they can order it. Many of the workers don't know what coroplast is or where it is located in the store. I've been sent on some wild goose chases in the stores before finally locating it myself. It's usually in the section that has screen doors etc. It's stored upright at quite a few locations so all you see is one skinny edge of it so it's easy to miss.
I've seen online that it was called "corrugated plastic" so that would explain why they have no clue what coroplast is called. And jst another quick question, how thick should it be?

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
how thick should it be?

The standard thickness for cages is 4ml. There IS a thicker coroplast available, but I have never worked with it and have no opinion.....other than the fact that it is more expensive. I don't recommend anything thinner than 4ml.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Check for any local plastic stores and give them a call to see if they sell coroplast. Or certain art supply stores may have some.

I was able to get 4x8 feet sheets from a plastic store for only $13. Some random place may have it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.