Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast I need corrugated plastic for rescued piggies!

PattyG1066

Cavy Slave
Hi all!! :)🐹🐹🐹

I would like to know of some way to get some free Corrugated plastic for my girls - Penelope, Gertrude, & Chelsea’s cage. I cannot afford the plastic at this time, but I recently bought some grids from Amazon and made a 2x5 cage. Can anyone please help us? 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Attachments

5862CEE3-E4C7-4DC9-9931-AF4A1E3B0B1C.jpeg 85AC94B0-1E81-4B98-90DE-A8E417E185D9.jpeg D149A1F3-A34B-4561-97A1-2EE5271B3218.jpeg

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
We'll have the info about this up on the site soon, but the cheapest source of Coro for DIY is Home Depot. If they don't have a FULL SHEET in stock in a store near you, they can order it into the store for pickup. Odds of finding a FULL SHEET for free (and you need a full sheet to cut a cage from) are low. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coropla...te-Corrugated-Plastic-Sheet-CP4896S/205351385

$30 is probably as good as you can do.

PattyG1066

Cavy Slave
We'll have the info about this up on the site soon, but the cheapest source of Coro for DIY is Home Depot. If they don't have a FULL SHEET in stock in a store near you, they can order it into the store for pickup. Odds of finding a FULL SHEET for free (and you need a full sheet to cut a cage from) are low. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coropla...te-Corrugated-Plastic-Sheet-CP4896S/205351385

$30 is probably as good as you can do.
Yeah, this I know but I have no way to pick it up, and they won’t deliver it 🤨🥺 I am waiting for my disability ins. To be approved and cannot even afford that at this time.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Oh, well, guinea pigs are going to be challenge, sad to say. So, you don't have a vehicle, or you think you can't get it in your vehicle? Nobody delivers full sheets (4' x 8') of Coroplast. It's not physically possible. But it can be rolled and fit into even a little car.

A shower curtain or something water-proof like that (something tarp-like) which can be used in the meantime. Just be sure to cover it with fleece and bedding. Will be messy for a while because no walls, but at least you can protect your floor.

Lori

Cavy Gazer

I would like to know of some way to get some free Corrugated plastic for my girls - Penelope, Gertrude, & Chelsea’s cage. I cannot afford the plastic at this time, but I recently bought some grids from Amazon and made a 2x5 cage. Can anyone please help us? 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Hi! First I need to ask where are you located? I literally joined @ minutes ago. I was searching for forums near me in Ontario California. I am not sure if I succee4ded in doing that. That being said, do you specifically need corrugated plastic? If not I have Plexi glass that I would give you.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
This is an election year, and the vast majority of political signs are made from coroplast. You could tape the signs together, but you'll have to line the bottom with something waterproof -- otherwise, the urine will just seep through the cracks and stain whatever is underneath.

Your best bet for signs is from a candidate that's just lost a runoff -- they won't have any more need for their signs.

Another possibility is to look for printers that print those signs. There are always goof-ups resulting in incorrect, unusable signs. You might get lucky and find some pretty large pieces.

Lori

Cavy Gazer

Hi! First I need to ask where are you located? I literally joined @ minutes ago. I was searching for forums near me in Ontario California. I am not sure if I succee4ded in doing that. That being said, do you specifically need corrugated plastic? If not I have Plexi glass that I would give you.

PattyG1066

Cavy Slave
So, if I pick up a sheet of Coroplast 48x96, can they score it so it fits in a car? I would need it cut to 39x83 but I believe they could score it?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
It depends on where you are getting it. Home Depot? I don't think so. You can roll it up some though. Bring a tape dispenser with you or ask HD. They have them.

I have images in my gallery (they'll be in an article later) of how to roll it up without creasing it and it WILL fit in any car. Go to my gallery and scroll down, then also the next page: https://www.guineapigcages.com/gallery/?owner_id=1

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I got that article done about rolling coroplast to get it home. Here you go.
How to get Coroplast HOME

Coroplast  How to get Coroplast HOME

Getting Coroplast Home can be Tricky You've scored a full sheet of Coroplast. Now you need to get it home in your car to start your cage-building journey! Coroplast comes in 4' x 8' sheets (48" x 96") and IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, should NOT be scored or cut unless it's to your cage specifications! A...