Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Baby Stacking Cups?

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
Hello! I was thinking of buying these stacking cups for my guinea pigs. Would they be safe for them? I thought it would be cool to hide treats between each cup.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't have much hope that they'd be interested in those cups. But if you get them, be sure to watch closely to be sure they can't bite off pieces of the plastic. If they do, take them out of the cage.

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
I would recommend just getting small paper lunch bags or asking for the free paper bags they put wine bottles in at the grocery store check out lanes.

If they have glue at the bottom just tear that portion off.

Then stuff them with hay (add a variety ...mine love oat hay), herbal mixes and treats (I get mine from Small Pet Select). Then twist the ends shut like a tootsie roll. Sometimes I will tear small holes in the side and pull bits of the contents out to get them started.

They love these. It is cheap, easy, and safe.

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
Thank you Smileandhood! I’ll try the paper bag toy! I think I’ll still get the cups, but for my bunny instead! I’ll still watch him when he plays with it, but he’s a bit more trustworthy than my guinea pigs!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.