Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Another Coroplast question- is it REALLY that thin and flimsy?!

lydiagintn23

Cavy Slave
I am finally getting the materials together to build a C&C cage! I found Coroplast at Home Depot- but they only have it in a 3'x6' sheet- not big enough! BUT... I was kind of shocked when I saw it for the first time! I really had no idea that it was that flimsy! Is that right? I was worried about the weight, moving it, making it into the cage bottom- but if this is the right stuff, it's ultra light and seems easy to work with! I'm checking with a local sign shop on Monday when they open about getting larger sheets as I want at least a 3x6. I have 4 sows and 1 is ready to have her (surprise) litter any second now and I'll be keeping any females, so need a LARGE enclosure! ALSO, has anyone ever used clear packing tape to attach the sides if the Coroplast isn't big enough to score and fold? Thanks in advance, Lydia

pinky

Cavy Slave
What thickness is it? I always buy 4mm and have never had a problem with it being flimsy. Standard size for large sheets of coroplast is 48x96" so if you want it larger, you can piece it together.

lydiagintn23

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure how thin this was. When I go to the sign shop I will ask about 4mm. Thank you

Popcorn321

Cavy Slave
I bought all my coroplasts from home depot, although near me there are huge sheets available like 6x3 and stuff. Anyways, coroplats isn't supposed to be so flimsy, mine only folds of I really try..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.