Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General An eventful weekend!!

Lyonmom

Cavy Slave
Wow what a great weekend this has been. The only bummer is that it went by way too fast! LOL
My daughter spent the night at a friend's home over the weekend and they went to visit friends. Anyway there my daughter noticed a guinea pig in an aquarium!!! She asked the guy why was it in a fish tank. He said "oh it was just given to me to feed to my snake." !!!!!!! My daughter and her friend are just as big animal lovers as I am. My daughter begged this kid to let her have the guinea pig. He told her for 10 bucks, so she paid him the money and then they called me to come pick them up. I have never felt so sick to my stomach. This sweet little piggy is a female and we have named her Penelope. I guess she was given to this kid because the family that had her was getting divorced and the pig was the wife's and the soon to be ex husband gave her as snake food to hurt the soon to be ex wife. She is the cutest little piggy and we have her quarantined for the time being. SUCH a sweetheart. My daughter and her friend were so mad they were both crying. I can't wait to start bonding her with Petunia. :) :) :) She loves to cuddle and loves munching on cauliflower!

An eventful weekend!!

PS I also learned to sew this weekend! YAY!

Oh wow, that's horrible!! My girl is Penelope also =). She's a cute little thing, she's so lucky that you guys saved her!!! Congratulations on your new addition! And on learning how to sew, haha!

penelope is sooooooooo cute but piggie as snake food is horrible live animals are bad use frozen if you have reptiles i do.

I don't own and reptiles and I don't know the kid who has the big snake. I am so glad my daughter begged for her!

She is just the cutest little piggie! I'm so happy that you and the kids saved her!

Thanks for rescuing that little one! She's adorable.

Wow! What a weekend! I'm so glad you got that piggy, she is adorable! =D

Your daughter and friend are wonderful. Thanks god they got to save this piggy from the snake. That makes me sad even thinking about it. Anyway Congrats on the new cute piggy and learning to sew, something I myself need to learn to do.

She is so cute! I am so happy for you. I am a little concered that he asked your daughter for ten dollars just so he could buy another cavy...

Congarts on sewing! lolThere is so many things you can do for your pigs! I sewed an oversized pillow for them and they love it! They don't even "go" on it. :)

She is so cute! I am so happy for you. I am a little concerned that he asked your daughter for ten dollars just so he could buy another cavy....
Congarts on sewing! There is so many things you can do for your pigs! I sewed an oversized pillow for them and they love it! They don't even "go" on it. :)

You have an amazing daughter for having the guts to speak up! Good for her and her friend!!!!
That guinea pig is SO cute!!!!

Thanks! :) I'm a little worried what he was going to do with the ten dollars too, but my daughter said he usually buys the snake frozen food but since the piggy was free he wanted to see if his snake would eat a live animal. I guess this snake is huge too. Ugh, gives me the heebee geebees. Ick! lol Hoping he's going to use the ten dollars to buy more frozen food. I hope! (I also paid my daughter back and gave her and her friend money for pizza. I'm proud of her too!)

She has the sweetest face, I could stare at this picture all day! lol I agree, your daughter and her friend did an amazing thing helping her from becoming snake food!

What your daughter, her friend, and you did for her is so awesome! Thanks so much :)
She is so cute! I want to pignap her! She looks so soft and cuddly!

Penelope is just adorable!! You have an awesome daughter for saving her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.