Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

America's Most Wanted Segment

tbowman

Cavy Slave
I have made it a mission of mine to get the word out about this show, so that more people see it and hopefully this man can be caught. Please watch this show.

On Jan 1, 2008 AMINA & SARAH SAID ages, 17 and 18 where shot to death in the backseat of their fathers cab in Irving, Texas. They're killer: They're own father. Police are searching for their father, Yaser Abdel Said, 50, on a warrant for capital murder. Said is a Egyptian national and could stil be here in the US. The FBI has classifyed this murder as a "Honor Killing".

America's Most Wanted on Fox TV will be airing a special segment about Amina and Sarah on November 22 at 8pm CST. Please watch this show and memorize this murderer's face. I want him caught. He is a blight on humanity and on Muslims everywhere. There is no honor in killing teenage girls.

Yaser Abdel Said is about 6-foot-2, weighing about 180 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes. He last was seen wearing a black turtleneck shirt or sweater, a brown coat and tan pants. He is believed to be armed with a handgun, police said.

hueyeats

Cavy Slave
I did an essay on "honor" killings in college when I took the subject called "Women as Minority"... covering basically what is the discrimination against women.

Honor killing is a very practiced cultural thing in Pakistan, Iraq, Iran etc... you find the list of countries huge (most mid-east or Muslim countries)... with cases even found in England, here or you name it places where there are "hard-core" muslims.

I have also seen the live youtube from CNN of a woman stoned to death & recorded.

This act of violence against women is just to show how screwed up some practices are. Just really really sad!

tbowman

Cavy Slave
I did an essay on "honor" killings in college when I took the subject called "Women as Minority"... covering basically what is the discrimination against women.

Honor killing is a very practiced cultural thing in Pakistan, Iraq, Iran etc... you find the list of countries huge (most mid-east or Muslim countries)... with cases even found in England, here or you name it places where there are "hard-core" muslims.

I have also seen the live youtube from CNN of a woman stoned to death & recorded.

This act of violence against women is just to show how screwed up some practices are. Just really really sad!

I agree that all violence against women in any COUNTRY should be harshly dealt with. Women are still considered second class citizens ranking just behind cattle, goats and camels in most Muslim and 3rd world countries. Now I know that not all Muslims feel that way about the women in their lives. I happen to be engaged to one who is truly outraged by what happens, but does nothing to help. Until the Muslims who are againist the violence of women stand up to the ones who do it and voice their oppistion then nothing will change.

No matter how much womens's rights organizations do to try to improve conditions for these women, nothing will ever be enough until the men of those countires stand up and say ENOUGH, and that they will no longer tollerate the practices.

I am sickend by the genital mutilation of young females, the stoning to death of rape victims, the accpeted murder of women in the name of honor. We women have honor to. What about the men who commit the crimes againist the women? Most of the time they are not punished or if so its merely a slap on the wrist and a big "now dont do that again, and get caught."

There is not much I can do in those countries, other then write about it, but there is alot I can do in my own country when this happens. America is suppose to be above this. I understand that when they emgrate to the US they want to continue their cultures and beliefs but they must conform to our laws and our laws prohibit the violence against women.

I want every woman reading this to please watch this segment. I want ever mother, sister, aunt, daughter, grandmother to see this. These girls were innocent American teenagers, just wanting to be girls. If you want to know more about them or help with the fight to catch this killer you can contact me by PM. I have been in contact with the girls's aunt here in Texas and wants everyone to know and to remember her neices.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.