Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Almost stole a piggie today?

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
:weepy: I almost stole a piggie today! The poor little guy was in a tiny cage, his pigloo took up half! Metal bottom with very little wood chips in it. He was so sad looking. The 11yr old owner thought she was doing a good job of taking care of him:eye-poppi! I held him for a long time and wanted to run out the door with him. Instead I talked calmly about the proper housing, feeding and need for a friend. She did appear to want to learn about her piggie. I also spoke to the Dad and gave him this web site to help him understand. I still want to go back and pignap him. It just breaks my heart.

Kelly91513

Cavy Slave
awww poor piggy, glad you informed her of proper care. Hope that worked. :/

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
that's soo sad. The reason she probably thinks she's doing a good job with him is because thats what the petstores tell you to do if she got him at one. I hope they do come to this website and learn about c and c cages and the proper diet. It's a good thing you were there to give them better information and hopefully the little guy will have a chance at the life all piggies should live and share it with a piggie companion.

CaptnCaptn

Cavy Slave
Good for you! I love hearing when people inform the less-informed people about proper animal care! I actually have a similar story, I almost stole a rabbit from a neighbor who to be quite honest, cleaned the poor rabbits cage, i'd say...every 2 months to 3 months?! I walk over to pet and talk with him and he would run straight to me and just beg to be held and fed actual food. I sadly didn't take him and if i had the opportunity, i would in a heartbeat. But you are awesome for informing both of them! If only i could have done the same in my situation!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.