Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting a Rabbit

Treacle

Cavy Slave
We are thinking of adopting a rabbit from our local shelter. Dias anyone know of a internet site as cool as thid :p but with rabbits in mind?

Thanks a lot!

Treacle

Cavy Slave
Great! Thanks! I just hope they do something as cute as stretching a leg when chillin' like the piggies lol

I am going right now to have a good look.

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
I know it is a UK website but I love this one - there is a huge amount of info on here. (broken link removed)

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
The site silver gave you is good. Check out the san diego chapter site too.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
And this site has a little bit of info on rabbits as well. There is a forum section devoted to them. (Towards the bottom of the main page)

RainbowPiggy

Cavy Slave

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave

Treacle

Cavy Slave
I know it is a UK website but I love this one - there is a huge amount of info on here. (broken link removed)

I am in the UK so thats brill!

Treacle

Cavy Slave
I have a bit more time to explain now. We lost our two Piggies (in the picture) recently, Treacle must had something internal because she was fine and then one day seh wouldn't move and she died at the vets next day while they where taking care of her. Then Toffee had a bum infection thing for weeks, you might remember previous posts. It wasn't curing and it was getting worse, the vet (who was lovely and loads of experience in little furries) said it was probably cancerous and that she wouldn't cope with surgery because the damage was tto much. So we put her to sleep. It was really hard (tears coming to my eyes now).

So because we have all the housing and the space and because I loved them so much I wanted to get another two but our local shelter does not have guinea pigs, but they have quite a few rabbits. Tha's where the idea came from.

Now........ my boyfriend keeps telling me to wait (because we are moving) but he is making too many excuses (and he loved them too!), and insist that we shouldn't get ride of the cage. So I think he might get me a rabbit or two from that shelter for my birthday which is in July. :eek:) Not extremely original, but he is not very good at presents bless him, so I will wait just in case.

All in all, I will keep reading and looking at all the pages that you wrote here!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.