Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A new guinea pig to the herd!

frashy

Cavy Slave
I am so happy, since this is my first adopted piggie! I found him on craigslist, from a lady who had bought him to give her little daughter some company during the night. He came with a decent pet store cage. It's perfect for vet trips, now I don't have to invest in one! It's also good for quarentine, which is where he is now. I also learned he had lived in a C&C cage for most of his life, and loved it. Though, he was housed with a rabbit for some time..his ears are badly nibbled up, but he seems fine now. They also had him with another male piggie, and said he was fine with him. He is pretty submissive, and on the quieter side. He's nice, and never was a problem with biting or anything.

His name was Montana, but I call him Brobee..yes, after that crazy green character from Yo Gabba Gabba (my nephew LOVES that show!)
Anyways..

..now..for the pictures!

I really had no idea what he was going to look like, since she didn't post any pictures on craigslist, and my boyfriend had picked him up so I was quite surprised when I lifted the pigloo and seen him! I have never seen a piggie with colorings like his before. I love his adorable cowlick on his head, Grimmie has one too!

He's very handsome! 'Grats on your new little guy!

Congrats on your new piggy! He is really bueatiful, great color. He reminds me of the big capybaras especially in the first pic. ^_^

Congrats! Your new guy is adorable, I too think his colouring's pretty neat.

lol ittybitty! Someone else knows of the great capybara! There is a close resemblance in that first pic. :D

He is very beautiful. What a great surprise it must have been to look in the cage and see that sweet face looking up at you. I'm so glad you were able to adopt him.

Gooberific! I love those guys! I first heard about them when I was a kid and all I would watch was zaboomafoo and all the animal planted, discovery shows about animals. But I always thought it was cavybara not capybara...lol. Someone here in WA found one and they were on the news. But the original owner had lost it and its not illegal to own one. Wouldnt it be cool to have a big guy like that. ^_^

Congrats to you! He is a beautiful boy and I hope you have many happy years with him.

ittybitty & gooberific - I have long wanted a capybara too, but now I know someone who has one as a pet and they are quite challenging and difficult to keep, even if you do everything "right" for them.

Last edited:
Congrats! He's so handsome!

What a pretty boy!

One of our rescue girls came from an over crowding situation, and the flaps on her ears are pretty much gone. :weepy: She doesn't seem the least bit bothered by it now, thankfully.

He's very handsome! He reminds me a lot of one of my piggies, Mimi, just different colors :)

ittybitty & gooberific - I have long wanted a capybara too, but now I know someone who has one as a pet and they are quite challenging and difficult to keep, even if you do everything "right" for them.

Really?Still it would be an interesting pets. Just one of those things to add to your zoo! I also really want a lynx to. lol now that would be cool to gaurd off robbers in the night. "Here kitty kitty" Then they get their hand bit off.

Thanks everybody! :)

The thing about the capybara is pretty funny. I remember seeing someone's myspace, and they had one for a pet. I was like Whhhhhat! cause I didn't know you could even have one! They are like giant guinea pigs. How awesome. I can only imagine how difficult they must be to take care of.

I was telling ittybitty in pm's that we have Capybara at the Phoenix Zoo. :D

Man when I get older and move out of my moms house. I want one room just for pigs that I have adopted and for foster pigs. THEN ive got to have a capybara! Better do research...

I was telling ittybitty in pm's that we have Capybara at the Phoenix Zoo. :D

Yes we do and they're amazing! They'd be soooo hard to keep as a pet though.

Yes we do and they're amazing! They'd be soooo hard to keep as a pet though.

We're zoo members, but it's just soooo hot right now. I saved all my cage duties until late tonight thinking it'll be a bit cooler. Little did I know, hubby has the air set to 78. I keep telling him the piggies can't have it higher than 75, but he doesn't listen to me so they get bottles of ice to lay against yet again and hubby's nice, purified, refrigerated water. (shhhh)

Now, if we could figure out a way in the valley here to run a/c around us all the time, we could do anything.

Wait. This thread isn't about the valley of the sun or capybara.

How's Brobee's quarantine going?! (I won't let my son watch Yo Gabba Gabba because the commercials scare me)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.