Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions 4 Males with confusing actions. Would like to have all 4 together and happy.

Blueberrybanana

Cavy Gazer
Okay, so the problem I face is my 4 can't seem to get along. I have tried introductions cage swaping, bathing them together, I even moved all 4 of them together when I moved states. It all ends the same they 3 of them will gang up on my skinny pig to the point he's hiding squealing with open cuts.

Now my cage is 7 by 2 on the bottom half and has a separated upper section that is blocked off by a grid so the 3 on the bottom can see but not attack the one o keep on top. The top section is 6 by 2 with a 1 by 2 heated loft.

I also only have the excessive aggression when it comes time to put them in the cage. I have cleaned the cages, cleaned there hiding places, every nook and cranny has been scrubbed and even wiped with a vinegar solution.

Now what is strange is the grid that separates them is the place to be. The skinny and one of the boys meatball love sitting together. They poke noses through the grid and strut then lay down and nap touching each other though the grid. But as soon as I take the protection of a grid away with fresh cleaned and rearaged areas they fight.

I am not sure if my skinny will ever be with the 3 others but I would like him to be.

Hope someone has a suggestion or maybe has had this happen. Thanks for reading. All the happiness to you and your piggies!

Herds of boars don't usually work. That's not to say that they never do, but it's a pretty rare occurrence. And usually all the boars have to be pretty mellow for them to get along. People who want large herds have much better odds if they go with sows.

Your best bet is probably two pairs, if you've got one that will get along with the skinny.

Herds of boars don't usually work. That's not to say that they never do, but it's a pretty rare occurrence. And usually all the boars have to be pretty mellow for them to get along. People who want large herds have much better odds if they go with sows.

Your best bet is probably two pairs, if you've got one that will get along with the skinny.
Unfortunately pairing the skinny with any combination has failed. I most definitely would have preferred to have sows. Three of the pigs were a gift from someone who knows nothing about GPs. He thought it be better to have a few of the same sex to prevent breeding. As for Sheamus my skinny pig he is the only one I planed on.

I know heards of boars do not usually work. When I was a teen I had 20 guinea pigs and a whole room dedicated to them. I went to an agricultural high school and my family let me keep lots of pets over the years. Even as an adult our home has many different anaimals.

I was just taking a shot in the dark to see if someone may have had any ideas or suggestions before I look into finding Sheamus a friend since I really did not plan to expand my heard any more.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.