Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Day 60, very quiet piggy -- THE PUPS ARE HERE!

Gowroo

Cavy Slave
Fantastic news on the arrival of the little ones! So good to hear they are here and Mummy is doing fine. Such cuties!

For three sows I imagine a 2x6?

Also just out of interest where did you get your c&c materials? my cage is plenty big enough (it's 12.5ft even though it's commercial) but I'd really prefer a C&C.

Try ebay for the grids, they are quite a few people in the UK supplying them. AS for the Chloroplast if you get desperate I know of a place in Ellesmere Port or Formby that sells it but I'm sure there will be a supplier in town - Somewhere!! :D.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Gowroo you saint! I live in Formby! Tell tell tell!

Unfortunately PayPal confuses me to the degree that I can't use ebay, but thanks for the heads up! :)

Gowroo

Cavy Slave
@Princess_Piggie They are not in Formby but Southport sorry. However they delivered for a friend in Formby when they were delivering something else in the area so she managed to blag out of huge delivery costs. They don't stock it but ordered it in for her. She said the price wasn't too bad.

Its one of these websites.. (I have them both in my piggy address book for the area..)

I'm sure its this one.. www.autograph-signs.co.uk/ or possibly

https://www.wickedprintingstuff.com/ordering.html

How funny you live in Formby, I grew up there. Haven t been back in a good 13 years though.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
@Gowroo no bother, I can get in to Southport easily anyway if they had a pick up option.

Bookmarked both of those, so thank you!

I doubt it's changed much since then, it has gotten more celebrity speckled though. Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt where here for a good couple of weeks, didn't believe it myself at first but then the lady in the shop at the top of my road showed me a photo of her with Bruce while he was in there buying cider.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I would say 3 well bonded females could be in a 2x5, as a 2x5 fits my two boars and I know they need more space than the average piggie! Could you add a loft so you don't have to build out but up?

ETA: I understand your pain. I have two 2x5, and one 2x4 in a u-shape in my dining room, and I'm adding a 2x3 in one of the corners for one of my solo pigs. haha

mumof4andzoo

Cavy Slave
right now i am at a loss. Periwinkle turned up this eve, along with a cage mate who is supposed to be her sister. My friend said she couldnt seperate them, that they ran from her. so she turned up with them in their cage. She did admit that in the 4 months they have owned the piggies. they have only been out of their cage twice. They are not tame at all. She couldnt even remember the name of the other piggie, so right now she is nameless.... Considering they are supposed to be 4 months old, they are big. They dwarf my piggies.

I dont know what to do here for the best. i was anticipating one piggy, thats what i had been planning the cages on.. now thats all gone tits up and i hate to say it, but i dont think i have the room for both. I really am at a loss.

To be honest, im not surprised the piggies ran from her, she admitted that she had had them in her car all day whilst she worked.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
Holy moly those poor things! Is there any way you could make a stacked cage to make room for them? There are a lot of fantastic multi-level cages on this site that could help you fitting more pigs into a smaller area

mumof4andzoo

Cavy Slave
Day 60, very quiet piggy -- THE PUPS ARE HERE!This is periwinkle. Sorry but no picture of her cage mate as i cant get hold of her. Her cage mate is smooth haired, black and white.

melynda

Cavy Slave
So cute! Those poor piggies.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
She is adorable! They obviously need a loving home and it'd be so wonderful if you could keep them both! They deserve the best!

mumof4andzoo

Cavy Slave
Day 60, very quiet piggy -- THE PUPS ARE HERE!here she is, periwinkle i mean.Day 60, very quiet piggy -- THE PUPS ARE HERE!here are the babes!!!!

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I want a little black boar so bad. I keep seeing these adorable black and white piggies and I'm dying for one haha

mumof4andzoo

Cavy Slave
She is adorable! They obviously need a loving home and it'd be so wonderful if you could keep them both! They deserve the best!

I know... but i will need way more grids than what i have as i was not expecting them to be so big!! <sigh> I am going to get in sooo much trouble with my landlord!!.. Ive been walking all round my house trying to fins space. Kitchen is out, thats where my dog is. I dont have a dining room.

A thought has just crept into my head... idea... what if.... what if i built one huge cage that goes around 2 walls of my front room, but obviously seperate off sections ... thinking.. i would have to move my sideboard, shift the pc somewhere... possibly the kitchen if i move stuff around... If i also had sections for the boars, what i could do is double seperate them. IE.. there will be a one grid gap in between their space and the next space...

Feasable idea?? what you think? so literally... i have gone from 4 guineas to 8 guineas in 24 hours. thats on top of the rabbits who are house rabbits, 1 male 2 female. Obviously seperated. Then there are the gerbils.. plus the rat....

Dear god.... im nuts... pure and plain... nuts!!

Im gonna need lots of grids.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
Those poor piggies! Periwinkle is absolutely gorgeous, I love grey pigs!

I really hope you can figure out a way to keep both. My guess is since they had such an ill-informed first owner, they may be over 4 months old.

TiaColleen

Cavy Slave
Mumof4andZoo --You do have a zoo, for real!! LOL

mumof4andzoo

Cavy Slave
https://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/data/506/medium/Set_up_1.JPG

Doing something like this would allow 2-3 pigs per cage. You could have a 2x8 for all your girls, and the upper level be two 2x4s for your boars!

i dont think i will be able to house all the sows together. we had a problem during the night where the two that arrived last night, were fighting. and i mean really fighting, i didnt know what else to do so i split the c and c cage i built for them into two.

think i should start a new thread with the zoo?

mumof4andzoo

Cavy Slave
Those poor piggies! Periwinkle is absolutely gorgeous, I love grey pigs!

I really hope you can figure out a way to keep both. My guess is since they had such an ill-informed first owner, they may be over 4 months old.

I will try. ive got a few weeks till the babies are bigger to figure it all out!! .. i think the babies are both girls. was struggling to see since they both have black patches over their nether regions.

One thing i have noticed since the babies arrived, is that chestnut wont let charlie any where near her. So the poor thing has no one to cuddle up to.

mumof4andzoo

Cavy Slave
Mumof4andZoo --You do have a zoo, for real!! LOL

Aye, i do..!! didnt quite intend for this to happen when we got our very first piggy maisy a year ago who sadly passed away. We took her in when a neighbour decided they didnt want her anymore. She was in a cage that was only just bigger than herself.

I have noooo idea how we ended up with so many animals!! < sigh> yes i do.... its all me. just cant say no!!!

Holly M Landry
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.