Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

pelleted aspen bedding in Minnesota

L

leann

pelleted aspen bedding in Minnesota

I use a pelleted aspen bedding called Litterlove (sold as cat litter) which is made by the Barnaby Company in St. Paul, MN. The following link has contact info:

(broken link removed)

I use two layers, Litterlove on the bottom and a layer of pine shavings on top of that (because the pellets seem a little hard for the pigs to walk on directly). I like the aspen pellets a lot - good odor control, they turn to sawdust and basically clump together when wet, so easy to spot clean.

I'm not sure how widely Litterlove is distributed - may also be available in Wisconsin. A 40 lb bag costs $13.50, which is cheaper for me than if I ordered any similar kind of wood pellet over the internet.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: pelleted aspen bedding in Minnesota

Thanks very much for the info. Will try to find it and check it out!!

L

LauraC

Pine Litter

I am in Minnesota too and I get 40lbs. of the pelleted pine litter at my local feed mill for only $7.00
It works just like the aspen LitterLove ( i have tried it) and it's much cheaper! If you are near Forest Lake, MN it is available Houle's Feed Mill.

Laura

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.