Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Costs Help Save Patches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanthaAnn

Cavy Slave
Help Save Patches!My piggie Patches is a 6 year old female pig has a huge mass in her abdomen and if i can not raise enough money by the Dec.14 at 4pm she is going to be put to sleep. I need help! i don't know what to do! Here is a link for her page: link removed by bpatters
If you can donate I will be for ever greatfull,if not I would appreciate some tips on how to raise the money or what to expect when she is put to sleep. I normally would not do this but i have to do everything I possibly can!

Last edited by a moderator:

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I wish I had more money right now, I would donate in a heartbeat. :( I have a few ideas, though.

Will your vet agree to set up a payment plan? Maybe if you spoke to the vet, not on the phone and not to the receptionist, and explained the whole situation, they would be willing to set up a payment plan, so you could pay for the surgery in increments?

Are you old enough to apply for a credit card? There's this card, it's called carecredit www.carecredit.com that is specifically for vet visits; if you apply online, they'll tell you immediately if you're accepted or rejected. If you're not old enough, do you have a parent that could apply for it and you make the payments?

If it comes down to raising money, you could sell some things at a yard sale and have a fundraiser; people are more likely to buy something if they know it's for a good cause.

I wish you and Patches the best of luck!

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Wishing you the best of luck!
I'm paying off my birdies' vet bill right now, but I can spare a bit. I'll try and donate tomorrow. :)

SamanthaAnn

Cavy Slave
I am not able to get a credit card because of my age. My parents are not eligeble for credit cards. And i would try and get a payment plan but i have no job so i would have no way to pay it back. I don't really have anything to sell but I i think of something I will do all I can to get it sold! Thank You!<3

Much Love,
-Samantha and Patches

SamanthaAnn

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much anything helps!! And no pressure <3

Much Love,
-Samantha and Patches

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
IDK if you have Facebook, but if you do, post it there.
I understand you're in a tight spot. Thank you for helping Patches. :) How old is your baby girl?

SamanthaAnn

Cavy Slave
I do have a facebook and I am going to do that in a little bit. Thanks :) She was born April 2007 so she is 6 :)

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Awww!
Def. post on Facebook. See if your vet will do a payment plan as well. :)

GuineaPigster

Cavy Slave
Twiiter also, if you have it. :) I'll keep thinking about ways to spread the word.
Also, could you ask all your family members to pitch in and pay for her surgery as a holiday gift?

pinky

Cavy Slave
Ask for money for Christmas. If you're old enough, get a part time job over the holidays. A lot of stores hire just around this time of year. I agree that you should talk to your vet about a payment plan. Can you borrow the money from your parents and pay them back as you have money? Do you have anything you can sell on ebay or craigslist? Even if your parents don't have a credit card, they can work out a payment plan with the vet if you can't.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Why is there a deadline of December 14?

SamanthaAnn

Cavy Slave
That is her next vet app. If i dont have the money that day we are putting her to sleep.

pinky

Cavy Slave
This is what I would suggest. Post a copy of the documentation the vet gave you showing prognosis and treatment options. Black out your name and personal information but keep the vet's name and info on it. If people want to donate, they can contribute directly to the vet for Patches. They can let you know and you can inform your vet that individuals will donate. If you don't get enough, it might be enough that your vet will let your parents set up a payment plan to pay off the remainder. If not, you can contact your local rescue to see if they can take Patches and get treatment for her.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Fundraising for individual pigs is not allowed on the forum. I hope you can find a way to finance the needed care for your pig, but this isn't the way to do it. I'm closing this thread.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
You don't have anything of value? I'm sure if you thought hard enough you could come up with something to sell. DVDs, game systems, something unused in the garage, bike? Have a garage sale! Christmas money from relatives instead of gifts? Shoveling snow or raking leaves for the neighbors? Baby sitting? Part time holiday work? And yes, a payment plan with the vet.

lissie

Cavy Slave
How about a bake sale? This 10-year old girl raised $300 in 4 days for her guinea pig's surgery.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.