Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Grids inside or out?

violettedream

Cavy Slave
So I am bringing home my two boys on Monday, and lucked out to find someone who had a simply made base for a C&C cage. However, I am thinking her grids must have been different sizes then the ones I've used beacuse my grids fit on the inside of the coroplast and not around it like every other cage I've seen.

My last guinea pig lived in bunny hutch so this is the first time I've used C&C and thought I'd be saving some time. I just was curious as if this would work, even just temporarily, to have the grid inside the coroplast? I know friends who use the grids with just fleece (and a liner) so I am assuming so.

Thanks.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
It will be ok. The one thing you might want to consider though is getting new coroplast sometime down the road as the grids could get gross from your guinea pigs going to the bathroom on and around them.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto Inle_Rabbit about the grids getting gross. It would probably be pretty easy to recut the coroplast to fit inside the cage. Alternatively, you could get four additional grids, one for each side, overlap them and fasten them with zipties, and make the grids fit the outside of the coroplast.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
You could cut in the center of the base the amount off to make the base fit and tape it with duct tape on both sides.

violettedream

Cavy Slave
I will look into reducing it, I agree it should be easy enough (Im not that handy / creative, but watched enough videos!) Adding grids sadly wont work, as I dont have the room at the moment.

I'll also see about cutting it to size in the middle, good idea.

I do know I have a plan to order some coroplast in already, I just thought I was saving a step or two getting the base already made!

Thanks for the advice, and I will look at reconfiguring the cage for them soon!

Last edited:

lissie

Cavy Slave
Are you using connectors with your grids? Sometimes the base dimension is a bit different if you don't use connectors. Also the person who sold you the base might have intentionally made the size of the coroplast to go outside the grids. If you post pictures, it will be easier to give recommendations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.