Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Piggys Diet

Pennyspiggies

Cavy Slave
Today i came down to feed my pigs and their bowls were dirty. So i cleaned them, they lookede much better. So when i put the carrots in and the lettuce i thought do they like blueberrys, so i gave two each to them. They ate that their lettuce and their carrots. So i hope this will help your piggys diet. :D

TheQueen

Cavy Slave
Mine like blueberries, but be sure that you don't feed them blueberries everyday. Try 2-3 times every week. And the same with carrots. Twice a week is good. Do you only feed them carrots and lettuce? You should give them some different veggies, like bell peppers, cucumbers, cilantro, strawberries, etc.

laura220

Cavy Slave
I just went out blueberry picking. I wonder if Ginny'll like them. Just to make sure..iceburg lettuce is bad, feed green leaf, red leaf, romaine and others for variety. Kale and cilantro are good too. Try giving some fruit 2-3 times a week. Ginny loves banana and watermelon. She'll only eat apple at night so I leave it in the cage for her. I'm introducing a bit of orange tonight and hopefully I'll get some cantalope tomarrow. Rinds can be fed.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
laura220 said:
Ginny loves banana and watermelon.

Be careful with the banana. They can get your piggy constipated. I wish someone other than me in the house liked watermelon. A big one would go bad too fast, and buying it already chunked up is SO expensive.

amfeider

Cavy Slave
My store sells mini watermelons.

laura220

Cavy Slave
I got half a watermelon for only 86 cents! That was cheap!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.