Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Ramp help!!!!

izzys parents

Cavy Slave
Ok so my uncle was very nice and is helping us make a cage for our Izzy Bear and we were wondering what and how we can make a ramp to connect the two levels, I suggested PVC pipe but my uncle pointed out it would be too slippery for the slope needed, he suggested guinea pig tubes from the pet store but there in no pets stores that still carry them with in 50 miles of where we live. any suggestions?

also what stores tend to carry coroplast sheets a few inches larger than 42" X 24"?

Ramp help!!!!

if you have leftover wood, you could build a two part ramp. it would be a ramp going above a hidey, then from the top of the hidey to the next floor.
i can't really tell from the picture how many levels there will actually be, or which part you're using for the piggies.. i'm guessing the middle?

alternatively you could hot glue some fleece to the inside of the pvc pipe, perhaps that might work. :)

Origional concept for the cage

Ramp help!!!!

if you have leftover wood, you could build a two part ramp. it would be a ramp going above a hidey, then from the top of the hidey to the next floor.
i can't really tell from the picture how many levels there will actually be, or which part you're using for the piggies.. i'm guessing the middle?

alternatively you could hot glue some fleece to the inside of the pvc pipe, perhaps that might work. :)

ooooo thats a good idea but the wife is concerned about the clean up >> which is why we are using bedding instead of fleece...Izzy goes where she wants when she want :p

The only issue with wood is that if it gets pee soaked, it may absorb it and break apart. If you do go for the wood, I would suggest using a layer of coroplast above it, and then the bedding, just to protect it.

Also, you should be able to find coroplast larger than 42 x 24 at Home Depot. I bought a sheet that was large enough to fit a 2x6 C&C cage, all in one piece, for around $17 :)

Here's a link for the coroplast that @jessieisabel was talking about. (broken link removed)

See is you have Sabic Polymershapes in your area. They're a distributor of polypropylene twinwall plastic which is coroplast. I buy the 4mm in 48 x 96 sheets which they'll roll up for you so you can fit it in your car. It comes in white, black and gray.

Almost done with the cage all we need now is a ramp and the liner :)

Ramp help!!!!

THey sell four by eight sheets for about twenty dollars around here. Depending on measurements of your cage might have enough for both levels.

try one like this.

The cage is done :) Thanks for all the awesome ideas and info, Izzy Bear totally loves her new home

Ramp help!!!!Ramp help!!!!Ramp help!!!!Ramp help!!!!Ramp help!!!!

Can you show me a picture of the two part ramp you're talking about?

Can you show me a picture of the two part ramp you're talking about?

Could be something like these.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Hey loooking good. Piggie looks happy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.