Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Is this big enough for two boars?

SqueakieandCute

Cavy Slave
I want to make a 2x5/4 c&c cage for my two piggies but I'm not sure what grid measurement is? Do I need to buy two of these cubes: (broken link removed)

because if I do then I'll probably get this one instead: Pet Cage / Run Play Pen: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

I've still got a bit of convincing to do with my mum but she says she'll think about it so that's good, right? :p

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Go as large as you can, especially with boars.
A 2x5 cage is 24 grids in total. But it's always good to have a few extra if you later want a stand, lid, playpen or homemade fleece forests/bent grid tunnels.

SqueakieandCute

Cavy Slave
Okay. Thank you. :) It's a little more pricey than I would have liked especially with the correx to buy and the fleece but oh well, I'll have to earn a bit more.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Okay. Thank you. :) It's a little more pricey than I would have liked especially with the correx to buy and the fleece but oh well, I'll have to earn a bit more.
If your cage sits on the floor, you can skip the grids underneath the cage and just make it with 14 grids around the perimeter of the cage.

SqueakieandCute

Cavy Slave
If your cage sits on the floor, you can skip the grids underneath the cage and just make it with 14 grids around the perimeter of the cage.
Yeah it is, since it's going to be in my bedroom, would that be using the Wayfair grids, right? And would that be big enough to stop any fighting that may happen? (They've never properly been in a fight, just bickering now and then.)

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Oh wow, I have to thank you for introducing me to the wayfair site.
It's the first European/UK online store that ship grids to Sweden, as we don't have them at all here.

SqueakieandCute

Cavy Slave
c: I'd never heard of it either until today. :p

iamsnape

Cavy Slave

If you're on a budget you can get correx free from any willing estate agents, as it's what they make their signs from and they always need to get rid of old ones. That's what I did - just ask nicely lol

pinky

Cavy Slave
Yeah it is, since it's going to be in my bedroom, would that be using the Wayfair grids, right? And would that be big enough to stop any fighting that may happen? (They've never properly been in a fight, just bickering now and then.)
It looks like the grids come in packs of twenty grids. You could even make a 2x6 or 2x7 and put 2 or 4 grids under the base in the middle for extra support.

SqueakieandCute

Cavy Slave
If you're on a budget you can get correx free from any willing estate agents, as it's what they make their signs from and they always need to get rid of old ones. That's what I did - just ask nicely lol

It sounds like a good idea but unfortunately we don't live near an estate agent. :\ But It's alright, I'll manage. If I sell my 3ds and four games I might be able to make 110, if my mum lets me sell it, I'm not sure why I really wasted my money on it in the first place. xD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.