Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Where to get pellets? We are out! Help!

ggpigs

Cavy Slave
Does anybody know where to get pellets near Brighton,Colorado.They have to be pellets that are cheap and don't have anything in them except for pellets?Me and my boys are out of pellets Hurry!

ggpigs

Cavy Slave
Only got 3 quarts,and they get about 10 pellets per a pig.And please be nice to me.We are looking for some riight know.Keep on Postin' please.

ggpigs

Cavy Slave
Can you please help me out? I need help! We tho ught three gurats was enough.Where do you get 15 pound bags for cheap near Brighton,Colorado?

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I also don't understand how this is a surprise. You are going to have to call around to feed stores and pet stores to find food that you find suitable. Do a google search for pet stores near Brighton, CO and feed stores near Brighton, CO. If you're interested in providing better quality food, look into (broken link removed), (broken link removed), or Oxbow (which is available at some Petsmart/Petco stores and local pet stores.)

ggpigs

Cavy Slave
Thank you guys.

jade_14

Cavy Slave
It's probably a good idea to keep at least a bag ahead so you don't run out.

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
i'm a little wary here - you have several threads going on this forum, all asking for us to "keep on posting" info that you can get by reading what's already here in various links, etc. we all have to do our own homework about guinea pig care. this forum is here for legitimate questions and support. i'm not sure you're being fair to us by asking for us to keep on posting all the info you need - you don't seem willing to make use of the info already out there.

ggpigs

Cavy Slave
I have already solved my posting.Can we converse here?

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Just adding a little two sense on the subject of needing pellets ASAP. 75% of a guinea pig's diet should be made up of good quality grass hay, second most important being veggies at 15% of their diet, and pellets coming in dead last with about 10%. Therefore they are a very very small portion of pigs' diets, if you run out it's no huge rush to buy more, as long as they have hay and water, they can go for a few days without pellets whilst you order some more. I know at one point there was even a topic or something asking if pellets were really needed in a guinea pig's diet, and someone said that scientist are now saying that maybe just hay and veggies is best. However I forgot who/when someone said that, so I don't know how true that info is.

ggpigs

Cavy Slave
Thank you guys.I did not know about Kleenmama's.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.