Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rumblestrutting the silliness of Boars

littledinobug

Cavy Slave
I pick up one for lap time...I give him the snuggles and cuddles, and put him back..for about 10 minutes or so there's a Rumble Strut popcorn parade going on.. I think the conversation goes like this

Brrrrr you smell different brrrrrrrrr I'm back buuuuuuurrrrrrrrr rumble rumble
sometimes they put their bums against each other and strut in a circle...while rumbling then they just break off and start popcorning and wheeking like "Ok we're buds again YAY!"

Every single time...doesn't matter which boy I take out...there's always a ritual It's cute.

The girls never do that they just snuggle in, I put back they sniff then do their thing.

BlueButterfly

Cavy Slave
Aww! Unfortunately, my boars only rumbstrutted if they got upset at each other. They're separated now, and if you hold one next the other one's cage they'll rumstrutt through the bars.

However my girls, whenever they're in heat they turn into a big rumstrut popcorn parade! I'm pretty sure it's because they're in heat and not dominance, because while one is doing it, the other one doesn't seem to care.

Last edited:

littledinobug

Cavy Slave
I held Tony up to the bars of the girls cage and he rumbled at them like "How YOU doin!" I'm like "Dude, you like cougars don't you, and one of them is your mom!" he looked at me with a 'yah so?" look on his face. Piggyliverance! *cue dueling banjos*

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
only one of my girls rumble struts because shes bigger i presume and being a boss, my other sow has just come into heat and has got a little bossier but no rumble strutting yet! its so funny to watch :/

littledinobug

Cavy Slave
yeah the only time the girls really rumble at each other in annoyance is after I clean the cage and they're staking out their spots again. That's it.

BlueButterfly

Cavy Slave
Ahaha. I love how you used a line from Friends. I had to stop letting Sundae "visiting" the girls, because the girls don't care if he rumbles at them, but afterwards he'll be squealing, and it makes me feel bad.

littledinobug

Cavy Slave
Like I know it's normal. I just find it so funny that they have to go all my balls are bigger than yours when I put one back after cuddle time. It's like they forgot the other one existed or something. They're still just babies 1mo old...But they are so hillarious. the girls are so much more sedate...like having cats...pick them up, snuggle them, give them floor time...they kinda just sit..no real running/exuberance...the boys are like 'YAAAAAAAAAAAAY *muppet arms* Brrrrrrr my spot no mine brrrrrrrrrrrrr YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"

pinky

Cavy Slave
My dominant female housed in a cage with two other females rumblestruts a lot. She also mounts the other two. The middle ranked one is really laid back and doesn't care. The lowest ranked one is a darter. She darts around from pigloo to pigloo and mounts the others and runs away. She never did that until I introduced the dominant one to the other two a couple of years ago so I think it's learned behavior. The other females don't do that but they do nip or peck at each other occasionally, but nothing serious. My males are my most laid back... no rumblestrutting, no fighting. The only time there's any fussing is when they both want that last tiny piece of veggie. The younger male will grab it from the senior and the senior whines.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.