Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Hay Rack/Feeder

mgrey

Cavy Slave
I made this little thing tonight. It is a stainless steel contraption normally used in the kitchen to store those plastic bags you get from stores. I cut up some left over grid and secured it on the inside to keep them from getting their heads caught. The grid is secured with gorilla tape, far away from their nibbles.

I got tired of them dumping the hay from their hay ball. This is secured to the cage, making tipping impossible, and holds enough hay to keep them set for over a day.

New Hay Rack/Feeder

Neat, Hope your pigs eat from it for you. I have went thru so many different hay Ideas and to tell you the truth. They won though I gave up and put it in a pile in a hay area box made of coroplast with a fleece liner.

Neat, Hope your pigs eat from it for you. I have went thru so many different hay Ideas and to tell you the truth. They won though I gave up and put it in a pile in a hay area box made of coroplast with a fleece liner.

So far they have been.

This: (broken link removed) is what we use for a hay rack. Zip tied it to the cage, with a dishpan litter box underneath it and coroplast behind it to keep the hay from falling on the floor. Works great!

That's a really cool idea, will have to try it as well

Tried it mine really didnt like it.

I ended up removing the vertical bar because it was making it a bit too hard to get hay out. Once I did that, they could get their nose into it and seemed to enjoy being able to get from the different levels.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.